Who owns Mike Montgomery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns Mike Montgomery?

He has been so hot, I thought he deserved his own thread.

I picked him up after his first start in the bigs using $8 of FAAB money. He has been great since.

I really couldn't find much written about him on RJ. As of now he sure seems like a keeper. Or would it be better to trade him (sell high)?

I am pretty sure by now he is owned in most leagues. What will you do with him if you own him, or what would you do if you did own him?

I just picked him up for one start - If anyone wants him I will trade him but likely will ride it out for a while

Comment

I grabbed him in my AFA and H2H leagues. I would not hesitate to move him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I got him for $6 when he first came up (or a week later?) in my AL. I'm obviously happy with the results but would move him for a more reliable/proven piece if I had offers. But there is some prospect pedigree here, right? At what point do we start to think about his value for next year being more than just rotation filler (if that)? 3 more good starts? 5? Would it take a "good" full 2nd half?

Comment

I've picked up Montgomery, Andrew Heaney and Chris Heston for $1-3 in a 16 team mixed. I'd be happy to sell high on any of them. But it's usually pointless to try with starting pitchers, unless they're getting Ks.

Montgomery has a great home park and is a post-post hype guy (was a notable prospect in 2011). If you have the bench spot to avoid tough road games, I think he's a solid bet.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Ha! I'm dumping in my 12 team H2H league. I have Grilli/Ziegler who have been getting bites.

I was offered a 9th pick for Grilli and my 11th. He had a couple weak SP so I asked him tp upgrade to his 8th for the addition of Gallardo/Hughes.

He countered offering his 7th to include Montgomery. I couldn't hit Accept fast enough.

First 4 rounds are keepers

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I picked him in for $4 FAAB in my AL-only 4x4 keeper league. Every metric says he's a likely candidate to regress. Low K/9, unrealistically high strand rate, unrealistically low average on batted balls, etc. I hope it continues since I have him on my team, but I'd be shocked if this continues for much longer.

Comment

Working...
              X