Who would you rather have for 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather have for 2016?

Carlos Gomez $12 or Kipnis $23? 10-team hybrid league (some AL teams, some NL; works out to about the same as a 16-team mixed.) We do year-to-year keepers and don't have contracts. 5x5 with OBP and SB minus CS.

Is the mediocrity we've seen from Gomez this year a product of injuries, or the start of a decline?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Probably Gomez...even though I'm really skeptical that he's going to be that power/speed monster that we've seen in the past. Simply too many injuries, but at that price he's worth the gamble.

Kipnis is great...this season. But he's just a bit shy in the power department to be a keeper at that price for my tastes.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

The answer to Gomez is probably "yes" to both, but he can decline some and still deliver great value on $12 in a 16-teamer. Until this year, he had a three-year run of averaging 22 HR, 37 SB and about a .276 BA. He's only 30 now, so I think the decline over the next three years can be pretty moderate, with most of it coming in the SB department. I'd take him and $11 over Kipnis anytime.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I'd still take Gomez.

Comment

Gomez easily. 2012-14 were awesome years for him and at 28 years old next year, I doubt a big decline is starting yet.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            Gomez easily. 2012-14 were awesome years for him and at 28 years old next year, I doubt a big decline is starting yet.
            Since two different ages were thrown out for Gomez, I looked it up to verify. He will be 30 in December.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              This.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Kipinis was my one must get at our auction this year. Second base, power and speed combo. I needed speed so it was a good target.

I would still rather have Gomez and the $11 bucks for next year's auction.

Comment

Gomez it is. Thanks all.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                  X