Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much hitting

10-team 5x5 (OBP) AL-only keeper league

Right now I'm in 3rd (top 3 pay out) but it's pretty bunched up between 3rd and 7th. I'm top 3 in all the hitting categories but my pitching is what's holding me down. With the promotion of Sano, the activation of Hamilton, and the impending activations of Pedroia and Schoop I've got way too many good hitters for too few spots.

Would you do any of these trades?

Longoria for Luis Severino ($5 for 3 years once he's activated, 1 option year after that for an extra $5) - my minor league cupboard is bare so it'd be nice to have one of the better prospects going into next year

Billy Burns ($10/2017) and Jose Iglesias ($10/17) for David Price - giving up too many SBs? I've got Buxton coming back eventually but this might not be viable if Springer ends up on the DL.

Burns and Roberto Osuna ($10/17) for Felix Hernandez - I'm 9th in saves with a lot of ground to make up

If Springer is out for an extended period of time I'll probably try and trade him. He'll be $10 for 2016 and 2017 but can't be kept after that so he should fetch a nice haul and I've already got too many OF keepers as it is (Buxton, JD Martinez, Burns, a $5 Josh Hamilton maybe).

Okay, now that Springer's out six weeks I think it's time to see what I can get for him. Do you think Springer for Price and Adam Jones is doable? I'd probably have to throw in another decent keeper (Schoop at $6?) but I think it's a possibility.

Comment

Somebody will give you some very good things for a $10 Springer. Put is out there and see what comes back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Somebody will give you some very good things for a $10 Springer. Put is out there and see what comes back to you.
        My options seem somewhat limited - none of the other lower half teams have any aces

Comment

Yeah, Price and Adam Jones is a pretty nice return for a broken Springer. I think I take that. But I also love that Burns/Osuna for Felix deal and I do that in a millisecond before the Jays trade for papelbon or K-rod or change their minds about Cecil again. Hell, do both and figure out what to do with 2 aces later.

Comment

I'm not sure I can trade Burns anymore. With both Buxton and Springer down, my only other steals threat is Jose Iglesias

Comment

Ended up doing Springer, Josh Hamilton, and Justin Verlander (who I was on the verge of straight dropping) for David Price and Adam Jones. Already up to 6th in ERA after sitting at the bottom for a while so hopefully the addition of Price will get me some more pitching points and I can at least squeak into 2nd.

Comment

Working...
              X