No announcement yet.

Trade advice, Olivera and Corbin for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade advice, Olivera and Corbin for...

NL only 5x5. I have been offered Carlos Martinez $10 done after next year and Patrick Corbin $2A (can give raise at $5.00 per year after next year or play out at $2 through 2017) for my $15 Hector Olivera and $15 Julio Urias. Both free until losing rookie status. Can be kept for 3 years at these prices.

I am tempted, I would like a little feedback from all of you.

Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't do it...Olivera should contribute very soon, his bat looks to be major league ready right now. And Urias is the real thing...even though the prices are a bit steep (15 bucks for minor leaguers?), they're both guys you don't want to lose that cheaply.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Considering those prices I'd probably do the deal. A bird in the hand and such.

Comment

I think I'd be tempted to do it. I like Olivera but where does he play? Certainly not full time this year. I love Urias but when is he really going to be better than C-Mart? Really unlikely that he's better in 2016. So now we're talking 2 years out.

My one hesitation is that C-Mart has to be running out of innings at some point.

Unless you really think Olivera keeps his rookie status this year I would do it.

Of course, Urias might get you something better in return... but I'm assuming you've tried shopping him around a little.

Comment

Bah! I should have mentioned that I am playing for next year. Sorry about that. The only secondary thought is I am in a battle for 5th place with another owner. 5th place gets the first pick in the first round next year. That does have some value. This trade would help me to get that pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Bah! I should have mentioned that I am playing for next year. Sorry about that. The only secondary thought is I am in a battle for 5th place with another owner. 5th place gets the first pick in the first round next year. That does have some value. This trade would help me to get that pick.
            Does this information change anyone's thoughts?

Thank you.

Comment

Are you playing ONLY for next year? Olivera should be the starter at 2B or 3B next year so he will have plenty of value. I don't see any reason why CMart won't keep it going next year and Corbin should be better in his 2nd year back from TJ so you've got some good pitching talent there. Urias MIGHT get a chance next year but he probably won't provide fantasy value until 2017 at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Are you playing ONLY for next year? Olivera should be the starter at 2B or 3B next year so he will have plenty of value. I don't see any reason why CMart won't keep it going next year and Corbin should be better in his 2nd year back from TJ so you've got some good pitching talent there. Urias MIGHT get a chance next year but he probably won't provide fantasy value until 2017 at the earliest.
                Yes, I am pretty much playing for next year only as I will be losing Puig, Pollack, Heston, and Duda after 2016. And of course CMart if I make the trade.

I guess the wild card is how valuable is Corbin for 2016 and 2017? Seems like a good risk for $2.

I keep going back to that this is a lot of pitching for next year for 12 bucks.

Comment

No way I do this, Gregg.

I would maybe give Olivera OR Urias, but not both. I don't put much stock in Corbin. And while I like CMart, Olivera or Urias could be worth more. I might do Urias for CMart, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X