Would you rather have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather have...

2 years of Syndergaard or 1 year of Carlos Martinez? Both are $10 bucks each year. This assumes competing for the title next year. NL only 5x5.

I am considering trading for one of them.

Noah could wind up in AL via trade. then what?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Noah could wind up in AL via trade. then what?
      If it would happen between now and next years's auction it would be very bad. We lose the player. If it happens one minute after the auction we get the stats for the year.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to Syndergaard this year. I am just starting the process. Are there rumors of a trade?

Thank you.

Comment

I would take Thor. I don't think the Mets trade him. I think he's more likely to be durable than C-Mart, might be better, and you get an extra year. I think the NLE is still going to be mostly awful next year and the NLC is getting rougher with the Baby Cubs.

Comment

I think Thor is the most likely to be traded out of Harvey-Wheeler-deGrom-Matz-Thor. where, I don't know. obviously the Cubs and Mets should make a SS for SP deal, but it hasn't happened yet. The Mets may have Montero and others in the SP mix for next year....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I think Thor is the most likely to be traded out of Harvey-Wheeler-deGrom-Matz-Thor. where, I don't know. obviously the Cubs and Mets should make a SS for SP deal, but it hasn't happened yet. The Mets may have Montero and others in the SP mix for next year....
            Just curious--why do you think Thor is the most likely to be moved? If I were the Mets, I'd probably move Wheeler before Thor, but do you think they won't be able to move Wheeler given his injury? Will they want to make a move before Wheeler gets back and shows his worth again?

I get they aren't trading Harvey. He is too good, and just as important, he has personality and marketability. DeGrom is cheap and so much better than his pedigree, it is doubtful they could get fair value for him. Matz is the local kid done good.

Comment

I'd take the two years of Syndergaard. I think there is a fairly small chance they would trade him within the next couple of years.

Comment

I would be shocked if the Mets trade one of their young starters. They may trade Niese or Montero, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Just curious--why do you think Thor is the most likely to be moved?
                  as you said, I can't imagine a trade market for Wheeler until 5 or 10 starts past his return from TJS.

Matz is a lefty, another key. also as noted, no way they deal Harvey or deGrom. so who's left?

their hitting is so pitiful that it's absurd to think they wouldn't deal pitching to rebalance, but these are the Mets. so maybe all 5 stay and they go 82-80 every year.....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                  X