Clear All

So far, that looks like April 2016 or so
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Now if Sandy Alderson could land a solid bullpen arm to replace Carlos Torres or a legit bat (or both), the Mets could do some business.

Comment

Granderson is en fuego and Murphy return is a big upgrade over Herrera 2015, but yes, they need more.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Granderson is en fuego and Murphy return is a big upgrade over Herrera 2015, but yes, they need more.
          They need more and Alderson's refusal/reluctance to make that trade is perplexing and frustrating.

Comment

Mets fans already know this, but i just realized that Matz has been in the Mets minor league system for 7 years! TJ surgery and multiple setbacks wiped out his first 3 seasons. I knew about the surgery, but didn't know he missed so much time. Always thought he had a few years of college ball instead of being drafted out of high school. It's been a long journey for the talented 24 year old to get to the show.
            Last edited by madducks; 06-29-2015, 02:43 AM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Mets fans already know this, but i just realized that Matz has been in the Mets minor league system for 7 years! TJ surgery and multiple setbacks wiped out his first 3 seasons. I knew about the surgery, but didn't know he missed so much time. Always thought he had a few years of college ball instead of being drafted out of high school. It's been a long journey for the talented 24 year old to get to the show.
              Ward Melville's finest! A great Long Island product!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Ward Melville's finest! A great Long Island product!
                Coached by Neal Heaton, the most famous alum from my alma mater (Sachem HS).

This is a great article about him: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...eli-1.10592387

Comment

Matz's grandfather seemed to enjoy the debut:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Two games and two wins for Matz after six shutout innings today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Two games and two wins for Matz after six shutout innings today.
                      Yeah, but with a report that he ignored and pitched through pain in his pitching arm during his first start. I don't like that he did that. I hope it was because it was his first game in the bigs in front of all his family and friends, and it isn't a trend of him ingoring his body, or things could end poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Yeah, but with a report that he ignored and pitched through pain in his pitching arm during his first start. I don't like that he did that. I hope it was because it was his first game in the bigs in front of all his family and friends, and it isn't a trend of him ingoring his body, or things could end poorly.
                        Probably because it was his debut. He seemed fine today. Although, i was surprised that Terry Collins let him come out for the 8th inning and throw 110 pitches in the first game. It is nice to know that Matz has already had TJ surgery. With most young power pitchers you just hold your breath and wonder how long their arm will hold up. Matz seems like a pretty smart guy. I can't see him abusing his own arm after already losing 3 seasons to injury.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Matz isn't scheduled to pitch again until July 12. So, he'll have a nice 7 days rest between starts and then he'll get another long rest with the All-Star break. Not sure if the rotation order will get changed after the break. But Matz is looking like a solid #2 starter already.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Looks like you were correct.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

yep, shut down for 3 weeks.
                              this would be a really good time to trade for him if you're rebuilding and he's on a contender, as he may not contribute a whole lot more this season but he should be fine next year (lat issue).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

That's exactly what happened in my league.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X