Welcome to the Show, Steven Matz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Show, Steven Matz

he'll be added on Friday to the rotation, with the Mets again going to a 6-man before inevitably Jon Niese gets booted.

well, announced Friday. I think he's pitching Sunday
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

You never know what a player will do when he first comes up, but long term, I like the kid a lot. It is hard to predict the level of success. I think he ends up holding his own in that rotation right along side Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, and Wheeler. I like him better than Wheeler, and he could end up better than Thor too. That is a hell of a fab 5 the Mets have.

Comment

"Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" becomes "Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, Matz and pray for offense."

Comment

You used "Welcome" and "Matz" in the same sentence. 10 points and two week's detention.

Sharkey, keep working. It is not as easy as it looks.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            he'll be added on Friday to the rotation, with the Mets again going to a 6-man before inevitably Jon Niese gets booted.
            Fantastic. I dropped him today to make room for Strasburg. Then Pedroia went on the DL. FMT

I should have dropped Shark.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

for mixed leaguers, he is of the same pedigree as all of these other Mets phenoms. he's ready, and he might excel right away. of course, he's a rookie. but the Mets don't rush SPs, partly due to cheapness.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Bartolo Colon should probably consider leasing an RV at this point.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Bartolo Colon should probably consider leasing an RV at this point.
                  Then he can become the new host of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives after he retires!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Then he can become the new host of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives after he retires!
                    I still think that reporter's quote about finding peanut butter (a reference to the Michael Pineda pine tar-on-the-neck incident) was hilarious. A little mean-spirited, but still hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Fantastic. I dropped him today to make room for Strasburg. Then Pedroia went on the DL. FMT

I should have dropped Shark.
                      I was able to have the drop reversed since I had room to activate Stras. Go Matz!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Matz goes 3-3 with 4 rbi in his debut! First Mets player ever with 4 rbi in his first game.

Oh yeah, he's a decent pitcher too: 7.2ip, 2er, 5h, 6k, 3bb and 72 strikes on 110 pitches.

And 26 of those pitches were in the first inning, so Matz was pretty efficient after that.
                        Last edited by madducks; 06-28-2015, 06:26 PM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It was the first time in recorded baseball history that a pitcher debuted with 3 hits and 3 rbi. The Mets would really have a team if they had more hitters like Matz .

On the pitching side, he could have unraveled after giving up a homer to his first batter, but he showed poise.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            for mixed leaguers, he is of the same pedigree as all of these other Mets phenoms. he's ready, and he might excel right away. of course, he's a rookie. but the Mets don't rush SPs, partly due to cheapness.
                            I told ya!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Harvey/DeGrom/Syndergaard/Wheeler/Matz will be a ridiculous rotation if they're ever all healthy at the same time.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X