Greinke, Lester, or Zimmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greinke, Lester, or Zimmerman

So, obviously the correct order of these pitchers is Greinke>>>Lester>>>Zimmerman. But my questions is about trade strategy in general. We have three teams in our 14 team league who are ready to start selling. They have hitting assets but not at positions I need, so my interest right now is in pitching. The Greinke owner wants a ton--Michael Taylor $3, Daniel Norris $3, and Giolito (my best prospect, and I hate to lose him). The Lester owner is willing to take Taylor OR Norris and Dahl. The Zimmerman owner is willing to take Hahn $1 and Wisler. None of Greinke, Lester, or Zimmerman are keepable, btw.

So, do I go all out to get the best arm available, or do I save assets to trade later for other things I need? There is one more owner likely to start dumping soon, and he has the hitting positions I need--MIFers. I'm afraid if I trade my Taylor, Norris, and Giolito, I won't have enough of what he'd want to make a deal with him later, as I think it will take at least one of those guys in a package to land Hanley from him (my current SS duo is Brad Miller and Alexei Ramirez).

I tried asking the Hanley owner what assets he likes, so I can try to keep them, but he won't engage in any dump discussions at this point, and the other owners want to make a move now. So, which deal(s) should I do?

I would lean toward Norris & Dahl for Lester. Dahl could be excellent if he overcomes the injury, but it won't be for a while (Rockies are notoriously slow in promoting prospects I think).

Comment

I'd go get Lester. That leaves you options for more pitching or MIs later
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks guys. I liked the Lester deal best too. I was thinking of doing both the Lester and Zimmerman deals. But Hahn has been as good as Zimmerman. Should I do both deals?

Comment

I like the Lester deal. The Hahn one doesn't interest me since Hahn isn't that much of a downgrade from Zimmerman and throwing in Wisler makes it a loss for you.

Comment

Same here - I'd keep Hahn for a bigger need later, and if that doesn't turn up, happily keep him. He's going to help you.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Lester is really pissing me off. I agree that the price is low... but... is it worth it? I agree that getting Zimm for both Hahn and Wisler doesn't sound great, but both Hahn and Wisler have big risks of dropping off and I think Zimm is getting better. Then again I'm not a big Norris guy and Dahl's injury is scary as hell, so I guess I'd get Lester and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Lester is really pissing me off. I agree that the price is low... but... is it worth it? I agree that getting Zimm for both Hahn and Wisler doesn't sound great, but both Hahn and Wisler have big risks of dropping off and I think Zimm is getting better. Then again I'm not a big Norris guy and Dahl's injury is scary as hell, so I guess I'd get Lester and hope for the best.
                Yeah, there are not many baseball players who have lost a spleen, so it is hard to say how it might affect Dahl. It has happened in hockey. Most notably, Peter Forsberg lost his, and went on to be great for years.

Comment

Working...
                X