Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dee Gordon or Billy Hamilton?

NL only 5x5 deep keeper.

Both are $15 and can be resigned at $5 per year.

I am starting the process of rebuilding. I just picked up Hamilton.

I know they are very close. with position going to Gordon. But I have inexpensive LaMahieu and Kang with Olivera coming.

I expect some regression in Gordon's ba and some improvement in Hamilton's ba. Still Gordon has the leg up in this category. I do think Hamilton will steal more and get more rbi with a couple of Hrs. Gordon will get the Ba and runs.

So who do you like better for next year?

Thanks in advance.

Hamilton is hitting .226 with a .227 xBA. was terrible in 2nd half last year, too. he's a dreadful hitter.

Gordon is hitting .354 with a .287 xBA. as you assumed, he is way over his head. but clearly he can hit .275 to .300 in the second half if he stays healthy.

Hamilton is a terrific CF and the Reds seem willing to bite the bullet (though I see he bats 9th a lot now), and the SB are gold of course in Rotisserie. and as you note at least Hamilton might HR once in a while.

Gordon is only ahead of him $37 to $31 so far this year, even with the AVG boost.

pretty even, and which is better to own depends on the rest of your offense. Hamilton better if you have a high-AVG team that could use a HR, Gordon if you are a shaky AVG team with power.

but overall, not a ton of difference. if Hamilton wasn't so good in CF or the Reds were more ambitious, I'd worry more about him losing his job. but from this distance, I haven't heard that.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I like Gordon a lot more. And I wouldn't worry about getting rid of him to make room for Lemahieu or Olivera. I just think his natural AVG is a lot higher and even though he runs less, he is a lot more likely to hit at the top of the lineup.

Comment

I'm with JC - I like Gordon much more; massive speed at a MI position with a significantly superior BA.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yep, Gordon. I just wish i'd come around on him earlier.

Comment

Yup, Gordon by a lot...being a leadoff hitter vs a 9th place hitter can only help as well.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X