CBS players - heads up on Justin Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS players - heads up on Justin Turner

CBS makes him eligible for MI despite not being eligible at 2B *or* SS. Last year he played 15 games at SS and 14 at 2B. If you have 20 game eligibility rules, he shouldn't qualify at MI in most leagues that require a player to be eligible at 2B or SS to qualify at MI.

Stupid CBS.

JC, most leagues have 5 game in-season qualification. Turner played 4 at SS and 1 at 2B. That's why he qualifies at MI now. Seems reasonable, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      JC, most leagues have 5 game in-season qualification. Turner played 4 at SS and 1 at 2B. That's why he qualifies at MI now. Seems reasonable, no?
      Not if you think that a player should play five games at a single position to qualify as a MIF. His elg situation for in-season games is the game as it was to start the year--he played enough games total at MIF to qualify, but not enough games at either MIF position to qualify.

Comment

MI isn't a position that you qualify at. At least not according to our rules.

A player qualifies at MI by virtue of qualifying at either 2B or SS.

Comment

No, this is a CBS glitch that they've never fixed.

Comment

I've never bought into that "MI isn't a position" argument. Of course it's not in the real game, it's made up for fantasy purposes. So anything that anyone wants to do with it is fine with me...combining games played at SS and 2B makes perfect sense for an imaginary position.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I've never bought into that "MI isn't a position" argument. Of course it's not in the real game, it's made up for fantasy purposes. So anything that anyone wants to do with it is fine with me...combining games played at SS and 2B makes perfect sense for an imaginary position.
              But the MI spot is supposed to be for those who qualify at SS or 2B only. Not who get a combo of both. If you polled 1,000 leagues to see what they thought, 1,000 leagues would say the player had to have qualified at 2B or SS.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                But the MI spot is supposed to be for those who qualify at SS or 2B only. Not who get a combo of both. If you polled 1,000 leagues to see what they thought, 1,000 leagues would say the player had to have qualified at 2B or SS.
                Then don't poll the XFL (a pseudo-industry keeper league that has its auction at First Pitch Arizona). We use the combo rule for MI and CI.
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Again, says who? Imaginary position for an imaginary game...I get more worked up about leagues that stupidly award 1 game eligibility to a player than something like this.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Again, says who? Imaginary position for an imaginary game...I get more worked up about leagues that stupidly award 1 game eligibility to a player than something like this.
                    That's my point. CBS doesn't allow for the MI or CI spots to be what most, if not nearly all, leagues want. Once you choose to add those positions, CBS takes it upon itself to make the player eligible on a combined basis. So says who? CBS only.

Comment

That's my point. CBS doesn't allow for the MI or CI spots to be what most, if not nearly all, leagues want. Once you choose to add those positions, CBS takes it upon itself to make the player eligible on a combined basis. So says who? CBS only.
                      Web sites do lots of things that we don't like, and don't allow some things that we want. It's just not that big a deal...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

which is why we use Onroto and passed on a chance for a free year of CBS a couple of years ago. we tell THEM what the rules are - not the other way around. so for the few people who think 4 G at SS and 1 at 2B makes a guy a MI, that's your rule. for the vast majority, there's a different rule. the customer is always right.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                        X