• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these hurt SPs for this year and beyond

Patrick Corbin
    Matt Cain
    Drew Smyly
    Martin Perez

I currently have Patrick Corbin. His rehab hasn't looked fantastic, and I'm wondering if I should think about cutting him for one of the others. I had Smyly, but cut him when I thought he was done for the year. Word now is he may be back in August. I care mostly about this year, and the prices are similar enough that it doesn't matter much long term, although Smyly is pricier than the rest.

Cain
    Corbin
    Smyly
    Perez

I don't expect a whole lot from any of them but Perez was never that great to begin with and Smyly trying to rehab a torn labrum is tilting at windmills, so they're last. Cain and Corbin seem fairly close and have had more success than the others in the past so they get the "top spots".

Comment

Yeah, I thought Smyly was completely done, or I wouldn't have cut him. I like his skill set most too, although that shoulder scares me. Grr, I wish I had more bench spots.

Here is an idea that would let me snag two of them--cut Tillman. I hadn't considered it before, because Tillman wasn't very good to start last year and was really good post ASB, so I guess I'm holding out hope that happens again. But am I chasing a windmill with Tillman? Is he worth cutting for Cain or Smyly?

Comment

In general, waiting on injured pitchers will break your heart. If Tillman's killing you then go ahead and cut him (he's not that special) but you might be better off with a middle reliever with solid ratios.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Patrick Corbin
          Matt Cain
          Drew Smyly
          Martin Perez

I currently have Patrick Corbin. His rehab hasn't looked fantastic, and I'm wondering if I should think about cutting him for one of the others. I had Smyly, but cut him when I thought he was done for the year. Word now is he may be back in August. I care mostly about this year, and the prices are similar enough that it doesn't matter much long term, although Smyly is pricier than the rest.
          I would grab Corbin and Cain in that order. I think Corbin has higher upside. Smyly is a ticking time bomb (I am still hanging on to him hoping for lightening in a bottle).

Comment

Working...
          X