Byron Buxton Coming To The Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron Buxton Coming To The Show

Another top prospect up and just in time for my AL Only stretch run where I really need SBs.

Hunter is looking at a 2 game suspension and Hicks was a Saturday scratch with an unknown elbow injury. I'd wait for word on Hicks before I counted on him sticking. His manager at AA has said that he isn't ready yet.

Comment

Don't think you call up the #1 prospect to not let him play everyday when your other option is Aaron Hicks. In 46 June ABs Buxton was hitting .370 with a 1:1 SO to K ratio.

Comment

We'll see. The Twins history would say that if he struggles at all he will go back down.

Comment

One good month does not a career make. He's missed an awful lot of development time to injuries, only 263 games played in 4 seasons. While he's undeniably talented, let's not forget that Mike Trout was sent back down after his initial struggles...and I concur with Rush, this is bucking Twins history.

ETA: I might wait to see what happens to Hicks before you activate Buxton under the very unforgiving AL only rules...
          Last edited by Hornsby; 06-13-2015, 06:52 PM.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Nah -he's in the lineup for tomorrow. I'll deal with the demotion if and when it comes.

Comment

The long wait is over. Now I get to wait on Giolito and JP Crawford.

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              Don't think you call up the #1 prospect to not let him play everyday when your other option is Aaron Hicks. In 46 June ABs Buxton was hitting .370 with a 1:1 SO to K ratio.
              If nothing else, BB plays sterling defense. If the bat starts slowly, they can bat him 9th and still manage. AS you say, he would not keep a bat on the bench.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Rob Antony, Assistant GM, was on the radio this morning. Concerning Buxton, the Twins expectation is that this is a temporary call-up and he will end up back in the minors. Antony did say that if he comes in and does the job, they would give him every opportunity to keep it. Antony mentioned that although it had improved recently, Buxton's K rate was higher than they would have liked. Defensively, he is major league ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush View Post
                  Hunter is looking at a 2 game suspension and Hicks was a Saturday scratch with an unknown elbow injury. I'd wait for word on Hicks before I counted on him sticking. His manager at AA has said that he isn't ready yet.
                  Hicks to the DL, so it looks as if Buxton has two weeks to figure out MLB pitching.

Comment

That also assume that Hicks stay is the minimum and last I read the forearm/elbow injury is a little undefined.

Comment

Nah -he's in the lineup for tomorrow. I'll deal with the demotion if and when it comes.
                      I'm loving watching Buxton's blazing 2-20 start. Especially after seeing the way you talked him up.

If he doesn't stick, you're forced to eat a reserve spot all year, or trade him as a seriously de-valued asset.

Even Mientkiewicz, his AA manager, said he's probably not ready. You still confident, or planning on dealing him anyway? You think your 5 pt lead is cozy?
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Eh, I'm still a believer but no doubt his start is less than inspiring. Still I see him either helping my team directly or indirectly as I still suspect there would be quite a market should I put him OTB. Don't see it coming to that though as at least for the short term there aren't many other options for the Twins.

Comment

Again, pretty much no options left in CF after cutting Schafer...

Twins not happy with progress of Aaron Hicks' recovery

by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com

(20 hrs ago) Twins outfielder Aaron Hicks has been on the 15-day disabled list since June 14, suffering from a right forearm strain.
                          Nearly a week later, the Twins aren't happy! with the progress Hicks has made in recovering from the injury.

General manager Terry Ryan said Hicks' rehab is "not going as fast as we'd like," per the Pioneer Press.

Hicks played catch on Saturday, but he still hasn't had an MRI on the arm.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Eh, I'm still a believer but no doubt his start is less than inspiring. Still I see him either helping my team directly or indirectly as I still suspect there would be quite a market should I put him OTB. Don't see it coming to that though as at least for the short term there aren't many other options for the Twins.
                            It's always a risk whether to start your farm guys if they're sent back down, or even worse, risk them not accruing 130 AB or 50 IP, because then you're hurting their 2016 keeper value and hurting your 2015 productivity. You also have to worry that the Twins are hurting his development by throwing him in over his head. They did the same thing with Aaron Hicks, skipping him over AAA when he clearly wasn't ready for the show, despite strong AA numbers.

You're right that if Buxton gets sent down he'd still be a valued trade chip as a $5-0yr, but I think my trade chips are just as nice as yours, and I've got $40 extra cap space to make one more big trade. Are you ready to deal Bogaerts, Buxton, and Archer, and torpedo your 2016 chances? I did that once, dealt every last trade chip of value, many years ago. I finished 2nd.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

It will be a good race just like last year when I thought I had it in the bag and you beat me on the last day. Keep in mind I have more FAAB than anyone too so this is probably not my final roster.

Oh, and BTW Buxton had 3 hits yesterday and moved to leadoff so he may be a 2015 asset yet....

Comment

Working...
                              X