Trade thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade thoughts?

Mixed 14 team, 5x5, $300 budget. Was offered a $7 Soria ($7 2016, $12 2017, $17 2018) for $6 Puig ($11 2016, $16 2017). I am lagging in saves but have Jansen and AJ Ramos; Soria would definitely help pick up some ground. Puig, on the other hand, has not been able to show me anything. Am I selling short on Puig? He has soooooo much promise, yet.....

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Really? Puig is a top 40 player at worst, at a great price. Soria is no lock to keep closing after this year. Puig has way more value this year and next. If you are insistent on dealing him for a closer you should get your pick of Chapman, Kimbrel, Miller, Holland, etc, and even then I don't think it's a good deal for you.

Comment

No fu---ing way.

Comment

Don't even consider something like that...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

We would be forced to mock you horribly if you make that deal.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Don't do this.

Comment

He's 5-11 since returning from the DL - not sure what your definition of nothing is

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                He's 5-11 since returning from the DL - not sure what your definition of nothing is
                Agreed. And I'll admit to not being the biggest Puig fan, as I think he is terribly overrated, but even as such, he's a fantastic player and worth more than a closer. Value is value, and even if you don't like what you see from Puig, you have to trade him for way more than that.

Comment

I also think that Puig is overrated. I wasn't planning to do the deal and you guys confirmed my suspicions. He pulled it before I read any of the replies here.

Comment

I got one even worse a few weeks ago: Puig for Betances. We only start 8 P, so RP who don't get saves don't have much value. My reply was one word: "Nope."
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                    X