Trading for Stanton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for Stanton

Guy in my league is giving up and trading his $50 Stanton. He had two options (that I know of):

Puig ($18 in 2015, $23, $28) - so he has rights through 2017.

or

Mookie Betts ($7, $12, $17, $22)
    AND
    Addison Russell ($1, $5, $10, $15, $20)

Which would you want?

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
    Guy in my league is giving up and trading his $50 Stanton. He had two options (that I know of):

Puig ($18 in 2015, $23, $28) - so he has rights through 2017.

or

Mookie Betts ($7, $12, $17, $22)
    AND
    Addison Russell ($1, $5, $10, $15, $20)

Which would you want?
    I like the Betts/Russell combo by quite a bit
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Either package is fine, but I think I'd lean towards Betts/Russell as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Either package is fine, but I think I'd lean towards Betts/Russell as well.
        Makes me feel a little less nuts to say that I might prefer Puig. He's doing it now. Yes, Betts and Russell should be stars. But they're not yet. I might take the Betts/Russell package and turn around and flip them both.

Comment

I guess I'm surprised since Betts is so close and the years of control/costs are so much better.

The guy chose Puig, btw.

Comment

In my experience, most people are willing to forget about a couple years of excellent minor league performance in favor of a month of major league mediocrity, so I suspect Russell's value (and to a lesser extent Betts since he's running at least) are way lower than they should be. People get spoiled by guys like Bryant and Springer and Pederson who hit immediately after coming up. It's probably a good time to try to trade for Betts and Russell actually.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
            X