Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any surprise prospects to be aware of???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any surprise prospects to be aware of???

Not looking for guys who started the year in the top 100 or so, but who's having great seasons so far and could be a guy to add now??? I'm thinking of guys that have recently been called up in years past and have become mixed league relevant...i.e. Allen Craig, Jesse Hahn, Sonny Gray, Corey Dickerson types.

Jose De Leon...Pitcher for the Dodgers. Recently promoted to AA ball and still killing it...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

The highest ranked guy on my list now that seems to fit your description is Roman Quinn, OFer for the Phils. He's having a pretty good yr and offers great SB potential. W the Phils in full rebuild mode, I would expect him to be up sometime this yr if he keeps performing. Wilmer Difo of the Nats actually is ranked higher, has already been called up but his playing time for this yr seems uncertain at best. A couple others possibilities are Ketel Marte of the Mariners and BRandon Drury of Ariz. Some pitcher possibilities are Vince Velazquez of Houston and Kyle Crick of San Fran, altho Crick probably would be a middle relief guy for this yr.

Comment

Quinn is still around? Last I heard he was a SS. OK. Not serious. Is this guy another Delino DeShields?

What about Sherman Johnson? Matt Boyd?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Quinn is still around? Last I heard he was a SS. OK. Not serious. Is this guy another Delino DeShields?

What about Sherman Johnson? Matt Boyd?

J
          Quinn is listed at BA as an OFer.

Yeah, Boyd and Johnson are from Carson Cistulli weekly list at FanGraphs. Boyd is pretty far down my list and Johnson isnt on at all. Boyd's stats look very impressive this year and he has a good K-rate but he throws 88-91 and is #29 on BA's Mets list so he would seem to be a BOR type.

Comment

The Phils moved Quinn to CF. Crawford looks like the real deal for them at SS, and Quinn wasn't picking up on the position well. He's been doing very well this season in center. I'm not sure I would expect him to be up this year though. The other guy for the Phils that is finally fulfilling some of his promise is Carlos Tocci. He's always been young for his league and hasn't performed in the past, but he is finally having a breakout season. He's still way way off though.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              The Phils moved Quinn to CF. Crawford looks like the real deal for them at SS, and Quinn wasn't picking up on the position well. He's been doing very well this season in center. I'm not sure I would expect him to be up this year though. The other guy for the Phils that is finally fulfilling some of his promise is Carlos Tocci. He's always been young for his league and hasn't performed in the past, but he is finally having a breakout season. He's still way way off though.
              That's why I asked about deShields. He was a middle infielder with jets, but he didn't pick up the defense. DeShields is also doing better in the majors than he did in the minors, which is another reason to ask.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Thanks for the help. De Leon and Velazquez are both available in my league, do they have a chance to make it to the show this year???

Comment

Originally posted by dutch boy View Post
                  Thanks for the help. De Leon and Velazquez are both available in my league, do they have a chance to make it to the show this year???
                  Velasquez might, De Leon almost certainly not.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by dutch boy View Post
                    Velasquez starting in the show this Wednesday.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Urshela up now, too (meant to mention him, also). Is he available in your league?

Comment

Working...
                      X