Trading for a closer (NL-only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for a closer (NL-only)

Battling for 1st place in my 12-team NL-only keeper league and one area where I could use some help is saves since Rosenthal is my only closer. Last place dude isn't paying attention otherwise I'd be going hard after Kimbrel, but instead I'm working with the following options:

Lamb ($5/1 year left on contract and can be extended) for Storen ($10/1)

Lorenzen ($5/2) and Tapia ($3/2 once he gets called up) for Axford ($10/2)

Lorenzen ($5/2), Tapia ($3/2+), and Morton ($1/2) for Papelbon ($19/2), Medeiros ($5/2+), and Quackenbush ($10/2)

Lorenzen ($5/2) and something marginal for Reed ($16/2)

Getting Storen is obviously the best option but he'll cost the most. The other 3 range from scary to questionable but won't cost nearly as much. I just lost Trumbo to the AL so giving up major league hitting would hurt a bit (hence all the other offers including Tapia and Lorenzen). Which direction would you go?

I'd get Storen. You know Axford is not just going to turn into a pumpkin, but it'll be a radioactive mutated pumpkin that destroys your team ERA and WHIP. Reeds almost as bad at this point. Paps is getting it done, but the trade risk is very high.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd probably go for Storen and Papelbon, both deals. If you are close to first, you want the other guy to have to shuffle to match you, which weakens him. The worst thing is to get beat by a guy who manages to hold all of his best cards. Make HIM have to trade for Axford or Reed.

Comment

I'd go pound on the last place guy's door and hold him down until he agrees to deal Kimbrel to you...

If that's not an option, go and get Storen, he's the only safe option...and make a lowball offer for Axford. Chance is just a bitter, bitter man...LOL.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm looking to acquire some power as well so what package makes sense to get Storen and Pedro Alvarez?

Lamb ($5/1) and Jace Peterson ($5/1)?

Lamb and Josh Harrison ($10/1)?

Lamb and Jose De Leon ($5/2+)?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I'm looking to acquire some power as well so what package makes sense to get Storen and Pedro Alvarez?

Lamb ($5/1) and Jace Peterson ($5/1)?

Lamb and Josh Harrison ($10/1)?

Lamb and Jose De Leon ($5/2+)?
            I'd go with option #3...while i LOVE DeLeon, he's still a minor leaguer who's come out of the blue.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah I like dealing de Leon . I also don't really believe in Lorenzen so if you can still flip him for Reed I do that too

Comment

Working...
              X