Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

talk me out of this trade. or don't, I guess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talk me out of this trade. or don't, I guess.

10-team NL 5x5, two catchers. There's one team way ahead of the pack and then four teams between 62 and 59, of which I am currently at the bottom but there's a lot of variation. I have 45 of a possible 50 points in hitting even with Carlos Gomez missing two weeks, Puig out for almost all of the season, and Rendon out for all of the season, so I'm willing to trade off some hitting. My pitching has been awful - Gio, Fiers, and Tyson Ross were supposed to be my decent pitchers, and Jansen's been out most of the season as well. I've been trying to trade pitching for hitting but it hasn't happened yet, and there's a team trying to decide whether to stay in or not so we're discussing a couple trades in which each of us dump - but I think I might be able to come out of this with a decent setup anyway. His most recent offer:

Posey $38A, Upton $39A, Gomez $15X, Rondon $10B, and Jansen $26A (leaving me with no closers) for Arrieta $10B, Seager $5/minors, Mesoraco $16/2017, and some other guy (probably something out of Plawecki $6A, Story $6/minors, Grichuk $1A, Ryu $5A, Jose DeLeon $5/minors). Upton and Gomez basically get replaced by Puig and Rendon, Posey maybe gets replaced by Mesoraco if he goes to the OF, and I end up tanking saves. I mean, clearly this makes my team worse, but I wonder if the extra value is enough to make me want to do it anyway. Is this a horrible idea? If I didn't dump, I could probably figure out a way to pick up Lackey and JZimmermann to try to help my rotation and just try to get back into it, but I hate leaving value on the table and this offer seems decent.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'm not sure why you would dump if you're 5th out of 10 but just three points out of 2nd.

Comment

Dude, give it till the all star break before dumping that hard, you are still in it
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

My theory is that I can afford to give up the hitters. I'm not sure that's true, buy I'm not having much luck just trading hitting for pitching and I'm already almost capped on hitting points with Puig and Rendon coming back this week. If he didn't want the closers I'd just say I am dealing from strength. I wonder if I can talk him into just wanting hitters.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I found another trade partner. I think this was much better:

Posey, Gomez, Upton, Wada $5A, Galvis $1A for Pederson $5A, Hammel $8A, Lagares $2B, McKenry $1A

so now I have Joc Pederson and Jace Peterson. I hope I can trick someone into trading for the wrong one.

Comment

Yeah, that deal is much better.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Depends on whether you like the SS prospect vs. the OF already established guy. You'll be giving up less (no closers), but also getting less (No Meseraco, no Arrieta)

IMO, you're essentially trading 3 studs for one...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
              X