Switch-pitcher Pat Venditte to be called up by the A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch-pitcher Pat Venditte to be called up by the A's

Should be fun to watch. Went to a Staten Island Yankee game in 2008 with Revo and others and got to see him. His minor league numbers show that he's legit, and not just a curiosity.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Cousins with a buddy of mine.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He's also rewriting the rulebook.

"His versatility obviously creates a consistent matchup advantage. He's able to pitch righty against right-handed batters and lefty against left-handed batters, using a special six-fingered glove. The only issue is when he's facing a switch-hitter.

There's a rule for that, however. The Pat Venditte Rule states the pitcher must first declare which arm he's going to use to throw and must continue to do so until the conclusion of the current at-bat."

source:Bleacher Report
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Very cool that he got called up. Good for him!

Comment

Too bad he's not a starter. He could throw 150 pitches per game.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Too bad he's not a starter. He could throw 150 pitches per game.
            Or start both games of a doubleheader!
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Screenshot 2015-06-07 23.16.09.jpg

I want this shirt.

Comment

Plus, he can pitch under water!

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Wow, he can throw with both arms AND breathe underwater? Maybe he's Aquaman.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]637[/ATTACH]

I want this shirt.
                    That's great. I want it, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                      Wow, he can throw with both arms AND breathe underwater? Maybe he's Aquaman.
                      Hilarious!

Comment

the copy editor heard he was [a] Submariner, so.....
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Plus, he can pitch under water!

Now pitching for the Atlantian Krakens....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Athletics placed SHP Pat Venditte on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain.

I don't quite understand this move, couldn't he still pitch left-handed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                              Athletics placed SHP Pat Venditte on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain.

I don't quite understand this move, couldn't he still pitch left-handed?
                              Apparently it's not recommended that the strained shoulder be subjected to the pitching motion, even if he was throwing the ball with the other arm.

Comment

Working...
                              X