Yasmanian Tomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yasmanian Tomas

What do you folks make of Yasmany Tomas at this point? Has he become an attractive keeper candidate for 2016? Is he likely to keep up his offensive production (and playing time, now that Trumbo is gone?)?

Honestly, I still have no idea what he is as a hitter. But he seems like he can hit. And I think this will give him pretty regular PT in the outfield once Lamb comes back.

Comment

Where's the power? His BABIP is still incredibly high so it doesn't seem like his BA will stay as a plus. Might just be adjusting to MLB and he'll start mashing later in the year or even next year, but right now he seems like a .280 BA, 15 HR player.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Where's the power? His BABIP is still incredibly high so it doesn't seem like his BA will stay as a plus. Might just be adjusting to MLB and he'll start mashing later in the year or even next year, but right now he seems like a .280 BA, 15 HR player.
        His pull/center/oppo is 26.9 %/44.2 %/28.8%%

With players >50 PA, he's 14th from the bottom in pull% and the guys ahead of him are not guys you think of as power hitters. (Lemahieu, Yelich, Ichiro, Billy Burns) Except for Matt Holliday who I'm suddenly worried about.

Until he gets the bat speed to turn on some pitches, I don't expect a ton of power.

His soft/medium/hard is 19.2 %/48.1 %/32.7 % which puts him 110th in hard hit percentage.

Comment

Very nice analysis JC. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X