trade offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade offer

20 team H2H 5x5 dynasty with no contracts or salaries. Start 10 hitters. Keep forever

Carlos Gomez/Edwin Encarnacion for Dee Gordon/Josh Donaldson?

Which side do you like?

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    20 team H2H 5x5 dynasty with no contracts or salaries. Start 10 hitters. Keep forever

Carlos Gomez/Edwin Encarnacion for Dee Gordon/Josh Donaldson?

Which side do you like?
    I like the Gomez/EE side, although this is probably pretty close in a 20 team league, with the position scarcity factored in.

Maybe I still can't wrap my head around Dee being this good, but even with position scarcity factored in, I'd rather have CG and EE.

Comment

I... honestly have no idea. I think Dee has proven that he can be at least a .270, 50 steal guy and stay in the lineup. Even if he's not the guy he is right now. And maybe there's a 5% chance he is the guy he is right now. I actually think I'd take the Gordon/Donaldson side.

Comment

I trust the Gomez/EE side more.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I dunno, I like the Donaldson/Dee side. Donaldson is pure power like EE but with higher average (especially so far this year, yikes, EE close to Mendoza) at a thin-ish position (only 3B's I MIGHT take over Donaldson next few years are Frazier, Arenado, Bryant, mayyyyyybe Matt Carpenter depending on what categories I needed more), without the injury history (EE has played 85, 98, 134, 151, 142, 128, 52 GP last seven years). And few can dominate a category like Gordon (SBs), at a thinner position, and while his AVG has obviously soared & will stabilize, he seems set up for many .300+ seasons to come. As for age, EE/Gomez are 32 and 29, while JD/DG are 29 and 27. Not a huuuuge disparity but JD/DG have youth on their side a bit more.

Coin toss, all great keepers, but I'd go for the JD/DG side.
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
          IL: Buxton

Comment

If you start 10 hitters is that 3xOF, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B 1xC, and 2 DH? I am just thinking if you only start 10 each at 2B/3B and only start 30 OF, then Gomez loses a little value. And obviously EE loses a little if you only start 1 1B.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              If you start 10 hitters is that 3xOF, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B 1xC, and 2 DH? I am just thinking if you only start 10 each at 2B/3B and only start 30 OF, then Gomez loses a little value. And obviously EE loses a little if you only start 1 1B.
              You have everything correct but it is a 20 team league. So 20 2b/3b and 60 outfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                I dunno, I like the Donaldson/Dee side. Donaldson is pure power like EE but with higher average (especially so far this year, yikes, EE close to Mendoza) at a thin-ish position (only 3B's I MIGHT take over Donaldson next few years are Frazier, Arenado, Bryant, mayyyyyybe Matt Carpenter depending on what categories I needed more), without the injury history (EE has played 85, 98, 134, 151, 142, 128, 52 GP last seven years). And few can dominate a category like Gordon (SBs), at a thinner position, and while his AVG has obviously soared & will stabilize, he seems set up for many .300+ seasons to come. As for age, EE/Gomez are 32 and 29, while JD/DG are 29 and 27. Not a huuuuge disparity but JD/DG have youth on their side a bit more.

Coin toss, all great keepers, but I'd go for the JD/DG side.
                EE's injury concerns worry me as you mentioned plus the age difference is a factor in the deal. That and Gordon and Donaldson have been some of the best in fantasy baseball this year while EE is struggling and Gomez has 5 hr's and only 5 out of 9 in steals.
                I'm struggling with this trade as much as any I can remember. My current roster is:

C--McCann
                1B-Davis
                2B-Gordon
                SS-Rollins
                3B-Donaldson
                OF-Kemp
                OF-Martin L.
                OF-Bruce
                U--Headley
                U--Moss

The current offer is EE/Gomez/N. Walker for Gordon/Donaldson.
                I already suck in AVG and my SB could be an issue after the deal.
                Last edited by fuhrdog; 06-02-2015, 05:53 PM. Reason: to add lineup

Comment

Well, I already leaned toward the EE/Gomez side, and while I concede it is a close call, having Walker given to as a third piece in the deal to replace Gordon tips it over to the right move imo. But I definitely understand not wanting to do this in your position--Gordon and Donaldson have been good to you so far.

Comment

I'd hold Gordon and Donaldson in that deal. It's a very good offer, but losing Gordon is going to bury you in steals, and the gain you get with EE and Carlos Gomez just doesn't offset that point loss, IMO.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      But I definitely understand not wanting to do this in your position--Gordon and Donaldson have been good to you so far.
                      Thanks for all your thoughts on the matter, and they sure have kept my season afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I'd hold Gordon and Donaldson in that deal. It's a very good offer, but losing Gordon is going to bury you in steals, and the gain you get with EE and Carlos Gomez just doesn't offset that point loss, IMO.
                        I'm certainly worried about steals if I make the move but also am very concerned with AVG as I already have many batting average drains like Crush, Rollins, Moss, Martin and Headley. While they may regress some, I think Gordon and Donaldson probably have 30 points each advantage in BA over Edwin and Gomez. Also, what happened to Gomez on the bases? I think I'm going to pass on this deal, even as solid as it is. A big thanks to all who responded.

Comment

Working...
                        X