No announcement yet.

Trade Advice: would you trade for Belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advice: would you trade for Belt?

My team has no power. I knew I had a power dearth but it's been really awful. I do, however, have 3 closers: Broxton, Putz and Burnett (who can lose that job at really any time).

I was just offered Belt for Broxton. there would be some garbage players thrown in to keep rosters legal, but that's the basic deal. Belt is 18 next year in my keeper league, which seems high to me for a kid who is completely unproven at the MLB level.

I'm leaning towards not doing this but wanted an opinion.

Who's spot will Belt be taking?

Comment

I'd either give him Branyan - who now seems to have maybe won back the starting job in AZ (although that can change again tomorrow) or I'd move Branyan to my Utility and give him either Ankiel or Bloomquist. Probably Bloomquist because, while he's off to a great start, past history leads me to believe he won't sustain that. Ankiel is probably a .250 or .260 hitter in DC but I figure he's good for 20 HRs and 70 RBIs and the odd stolen base.

Comment

I would not trade any of closers and any of these for Belt. You would have to get a strong pitcher coming back to make this deal work.

Comment

That's where I'm leaning. If I trade a closer, I think I need a more proven player in return.

Comment

Working...
          X