What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

14 tm H2H categories (5x5, OBP) redraft league. My team is 53-22, with an 11.5 gm lead over the next best record.

Here's my team:
    C - Gattis
    1B - Goldschmidt
    2B - Kendrick
    3B - CDavis
    SS - Desmond
    CI - Teixeira
    MI - Peralta
    OF - Cespedes
    OF - AGordon
    OF - BHamilton
    OF - Pollock
    UT1 - Yelich
    UT2 - PAlvarez
    Bench/DL - Burns, Reynolds, Chisenhall, Venable, KJohnson, 3 MLers

P1 - Bumgarner
    P2 - Archer
    P3 - Teheran
    P4 - Hahn
    P5 - Haren
    P6 - NMartinez
    P7 - BAnderson
    CL1 - Uehara
    CL2 - Cecil
    Bench/DL - Collmenter, Doolittle, Duffy, Feliz

Scenarios
    1) Trade Speed to Upgrade CL2 -- Cecil's been a waste of a starting spot; Feliz & Doolittle came and went. I have two solid offers: AGordon for Boxberger; and Yelich for Britton. In either scenario, Burns becomes a starter and Cecil hits the pine.
    2) Trade Depth to Upgrade P6 -- Anderson & Martinez (both FAAB plays) have been fine, but I'm sure the well will run dry soon. Got an offer today of Samardzija & GParra for Yelich & PAlvarez, which I declined.
    3) Trade Depth to Upgrade UT2 - Alvarez has been fine, but if I can combine him with either Yelich or Burns for a big upgrade, maybe I should do that. No offers received on that angle.
    4) Stand pat -- Burns has been great and has been burning a hole in my pocket; I'd love to find a way to start him. But I refuse to move him or Yelich if I'm not getting an upgrade somewhere, and at 30 games over .500, I have that luxury right now.

What would you do?

I think Yelich for Britton is fine, although it's not Cecil's fault that the Jays literally had one save opportunity in all of May.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I like scenario 2 - Parra will get almost all the time while KDavis is out, and he was already starting to see more PT with Counsell as coach. Add Haren to your list of risky pitchers and Samardjia looks pretty attractive.

Otherwise, Britton is the next best option.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think 1 or 2 are good ideas...Britton and/or Shark.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on the Britton deal. I hate giving up Yelich, but Burns should suffice. Thanks all.

Comment

Yelich for Britton seems like a no-brainer to me. He might become a force in a couple years but for this year he seems fungible.

Comment

In my league, Yelich, who can't be kept next year, was dealt, PLUS 5% of FAAB budget, for Shoemaker. So certainly our market does not think much of him at all for this year.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X