Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all-time farmhand swap - Taillon and DGordon for Harper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all-time farmhand swap - Taillon and DGordon for Harper?

mega farmhand trade offer:

I think I can get Harper for DeeGordon AND Taillon.
    NL-only 12-team 5x5

all 3 at a nice 5-S2 price when they come up pre-Sept, and revert to 5-S2 the following season after any short MLB stint the year before, as long as he's still a rookie. can be kept at 5-5-10-15 and out, once the clock starts.

one other perhaps minor nuance: at the moment I'd have to cut Karsten Whitson on Friday to make room for two new picks (he was drafted by Padres but never signed last summer, so I have only a 16/30 shot of him being picked by an NL team again). If I made the 2 for 1, I could keep Whitson.

P.S. also own Lyles, Delgado, Singleton, Tate, and Strasburg (5-O in 2012 though)

Would you make this move to get Harper for up to 4 yrs down the road?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Gordon might have more value short term due to furlcals injury + rumors of him contemplating retirement, Harper on the other hand, you will control him for the next 4 hrs, thus will be the better value

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      mega farmhand trade offer:

I think I can get Harper for DeeGordon AND Taillon.
      NL-only 12-team 5x5

all 3 at a nice 5-S2 price when they come up pre-Sept, and revert to 5-S2 the following season after any short MLB stint the year before, as long as he's still a rookie. can be kept at 5-5-10-15 and out, once the clock starts.

one other perhaps minor nuance: at the moment I'd have to cut Karsten Whitson on Friday to make room for two new picks (he was drafted by Padres but never signed last summer, so I have only a 16/30 shot of him being picked by an NL team again). If I made the 2 for 1, I could keep Whitson.

P.S. also own Lyles, Delgado, Singleton, Tate, and Strasburg (5-O in 2012 though)

Would you make this move to get Harper for up to 4 yrs down the road?
      depends on what you need in the near future. Gordon has a shot of getting called up this season, but Harper is tough to pass on. It's essentially Harper and Whitson for taillon and Gordon. I like the deal if you can make it.

BTW, Tate is hurt again-- ran into another player but isn't going to be out long, which is good. he's starting to play to expectations.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I would definitely make the trade. As a power hitter, Harper is as close to a sure thing as you can find. Taillon has great stuff, but hasn't even thrown a pitch as a professional. Gordon has some speed, but doesn't have a great overall offensive game. Get Harper.

Comment

Agreed, I would do this deal too and I am a Gordon owner. You can always fill the minor league spot with someone anyway.

Comment

I would do it too, without even thinking. Gordon is still very, very raw and Taillon is a LONG way away. Harper is money in the bank, even if you don't hang onto him, he's primo trade baite.

Comment

Judge, this is a rebuilding year for you, right?

And you are going to give up D Gordon and Taillon, both of whom you would have years and years of control over? I would think you would want to stockpile the mega farm guys in exchange for bloated major league contracts, so you can have a pipeline for many years down the road for your 1 rebuild.

Comment

You need to get Harper for those 2 if you can.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Well, I get up to 4 years of control over any of them, regardless of when they actually arrive for good.

Agree that perceived value is in play - if I trade these two for Harper, and Harper winds up being a worse buy except that I can trade him for even MORE, then I could win anyway.

I may see if this guy was really serious...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Go get Harper!

There are good prospects, there are very good prospects, every once in a while there are World Class Prospects. Harper and Trout are two of these. You have a chance to get one. Happy hunting!

Comment

"I was just joking," he replies.

Guh.

Asking for Halladay, Hanson, Taillon and Gordon is just joking, I informed him..

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

he is officially on your ****-list

Comment

Working...
                        X