Trade involving A/Gonz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade involving A/Gonz

I need some help with a counter offer please. 5x5 12 man league. My bats have been nice and my starting pitching is just above average so far. I am DEAD LAST in saves and it's tough win a league being last in a category.

I am being asked by another owner to give him Adrian Gonzalez, Michael Brantley and Danny Duffy for Sonny Gray , Casilla (8 saves) Mookie Betts, and Mornau. I feel he is asking to much. Am I right? If so, what's a good counter offer for me? I want the four players he is offering or at least three of them and definitely both pitchers. My team is below

C: S Perez
    C; D Norris
    1B: E Encarnacion
    2B: O Herrera
    3B: P Sandoval
    SS: T Tulowitzki
    MI: B Crawford
    CI: A Gonzalez
    OF: M Brantley
    OF: A.J. Pollock
    OF: B Moss
    OF: N Cruz
    OF: C Rasmus
    U: D Ortiz

D Span (R)
    R Davis (R)
    J Baez (R)
    C Utley (R)

K Gibson
    F Liriano
    J Arrieta
    D Duffy
    D Salazar
    G Cole
    A Cashner
    J Axford
    Y Garcia
    N Feliz (R)
    P Hughes (R)
    H Santiago (R)
    S Doolittle (I)

You have two closers in Axford (who seems likely to keep the job now) and Feliz -- and maybe Doolittle in a few weeks -- and while they may not be pretty, you can't really guarantee what closer will get saves and what closer won't.

If the objective is to add saves, eliminating two of your top hitters won't help in the long run! In a 12-team league, saves should be easy to come by. Studs are studs, so no way would I contemplate dealing Gonz or Brantley to get a closer.

Comment

I like Mookie more than most, and I don't think Gonzalez keeps this up. So the Gonzalez/Morneau and Brantley/Betts swaps aren't that bad for you. You lose some offense but not a ton. I like Gray a lot and I'm not a big Duffy fan. So that helps. But I don't think Casilla makes up that difference. If he had Robertson or Jansen or someone like that instead... maybe. But I agree with Revo, saves shouldn't be impossible to find cheaper elsewhere. Your pitching could use some more ratio stabilization (like a Gray) if you're going to have that back end of the rotation and mediocre closers.

Comment

I think it is a fair offer, but I wouldn't do it. You have Doolittle coming back soon.

How about Betts and Gray for Gonzales and Duffy?

Comment

In with revo - this deal is really bad IMO. I might downgrade at a one hitting slot in a 12-team league to get a good closer and a SP upgrade but no way would I downgrade at two. Add in that Morneau is a trade risk - and once he's out of Coors his value goes way down.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X