2K18: "En Fuego" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoop with another bomb.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      And looks like he might have sustained an injury. Didn't slide into 2nd...was kind of in between and his knee buckled. I'd guess a knee or ankle injury that will keep him out a while. jmo

edit to add
      Walked off the field with a little help...hopefully he is ok.
      I just traded him this morning. But, that still sucks. Hope he is ok. I want to see him continue the streak.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        I just traded him this morning. But, that still sucks. Hope he is ok. I want to see him continue the streak.
        that's some company to be in! ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranagreg View Post
          that's some company to be in! ...

baby doll jacobson!!!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Yasmani Grandal had the 3rd greatest July (as determined by OPS) for a catcher in MLB history.

Comment

• Rougned Odor and Joey Gallo are off da hook!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Rougned Odor and Joey Gallo are off da hook!!
                Maybe Gallo will finally exit the interstate.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Schoop with another bomb.
                  So far the trade has worked out great!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    So far the trade has worked out great!!!!
                    Both for Schoop and for Villar, who since returning from the DL has been leading off for Baltimore and has gone 8 for 17, including a 3 for 3 day yesterday with a HR, SB and 3 R.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Both for Schoop and for Villar, who since returning from the DL has been leading off for Baltimore and has gone 8 for 17, including a 3 for 3 day yesterday with a HR, SB and 3 R.
                      Except Schoop sucks .

Comment

• Acuna's last 8 games:

.471/.514/1.235

8 HR, 2 SB, 13 R, 15 RBI

Through 67 games he's hit .288 with 19 HR, 8 SB, 49 R, and 43 RBI

That is a 162 game pace of 45 HR, 21 SB, 118 R, and 104 RBI

I expected Acuna to be very good, but not this quickly.

Comment

• A guy in my league traded Acuna at 5, can be kept at that next year, and then extended for up to 6 years more for an expiring Harpur a couple of months ago the ago. The idea was to trade the future to win this year, but not only did he trade away one of the best keepers in the league, he traded the better player for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            A guy in my league traded Acuna at 5, can be kept at that next year, and then extended for up to 6 years more for an expiring Harpur a couple of months ago the ago. The idea was to trade the future to win this year, but not only did he trade away one of the best keepers in the league, he traded the better player for this year.
                            Yeah, looks like a very questionable trade. But Acuna's year has not really been better than Harper's rotowise. In one of my leagues I have Harper earning $38 and Acuna only $23. Now this is mainly because Acuna didnt come up until the end of April and missed a month on the DL. But even going by their production per games they've played, they're pretty equal. Harper's been on fire himself lately. His last 14 G, including today:

.353/.450/.745, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 13 R, 5 2B, 1 SB, 18-51

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Yeah, looks like a very questionable trade. But Acuna's year has not really been better than Harper's rotowise. In one of my leagues I have Harper earning $38 and Acuna only $23. Now this is mainly because Acuna didnt come up until the end of April and missed a month on the DL. But even going by their production per games they've played, they're pretty equal. Harper's been on fire himself lately. His last 14 G, including today:

.353/.450/.745, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 13 R, 5 2B, 1 SB, 18-51
                              I think the point was trading for Harper 2 months ago where Harper was putrid until the last 2 weeks or so. Perhaps comparing stats over the time that the trade was made Acuna might be earning more. Damn Acuna is hot though. Which BTW I have Acuna, Soto and Harper on my team.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                I think the point was trading for Harper 2 months ago where Harper was putrid until the last 2 weeks or so. Perhaps comparing stats over the time that the trade was made Acuna might be earning more.

That's correct, in the last two months Acuna has been a better fantasy asset (despite playing in 14 less games due to injury):

Acuna has hit .306/.363/.673 with 14 HR, 30 R, 30 RBI, and 6 SB in 38 G
                                Harper has hit .254/.396/.520 with 11 HR, 37 R, 31 RBI, and 4 SB in 52 G

Comment

Working...
                                X