Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade advice, SP for OF, AL 5x5

AL-only, 12-team league, 10 keepers, standard 5x5 scoring

I came out of the auction short on outfielders and long on starting pitchers, and my situation only got worse with Manny's "retirement". This weekend I missed out on Sam Fuld in FAAB on a tiebreaker.

I am considering a possible trade with gcstomp of one of my starting pitchers for one or more of his outfielders.

Here's my roster:
    C JMathis $2, MTreanor $1
    1B DBarton $3
    2B BRoberts $22
    SS MScutaro $4
    3B EEncarnacion $17
    MI OCabrera $7
    CI BInge $7
    OF ARios $27, RRaburn $5, AKearns $2, TBuck $1, MMcCoy $1
    DH THafner $5
    Bench JackWilson $1, MRamirez $19
    P FHernandez $35, DHaren $31, BAnderson $6-g2012, MScherzer $20, CWilson $3, EBedard $7
    P MThornton $31, JBenoit $2, AAceves $1, RPerez $1, CRay $1
    DL MWuertz $1

Here's his roster:
    C JPosada $17, LPowell $1
    1B KKa'aihue $12
    2B ACasilla $4
    SS ARamirez $29
    3B BMorel $6
    MI HKendrick $27
    CI JHannahan $1
    OF ISuzuki $38, CGranderson $31, CQuentin $13-g2011, TSnider $5, JWillingham $15
    DH LHughes $25
    Bench CKotchman $22, OVizquel $1
    DL KMorales $12-g2012, FGutierrez $11
    P DPrice $10-g2012, JGuthrie $1, KDrabek $5, BDuensing $4
    P JFrasor $2, JCrain $1, ARhodes $1, JMijares $1
    DL BMatusz $5, DAardsma $13, JHowell $1, PFeliciano $1

Any suggestions for what would be a fair return for King Felix or Brett Anderson?

I'm hoping to contend this year, but I would like to keep my options open for next year, too, if possible. We set aside about a quarter of the pot every year for a 3-year championship, and this is year 2, and I did well in year 1 (second place).
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

I would think Granderson for Scherzer would be a fair deal.

KS please check your notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I would think Granderson for Scherzer would be a fair deal.

KS please check your notification.
      It's not a bad idea. I agree that even Ichiro or Granderson isn't enough for Felix or Anderson straight up. Scherzer for Grandy is worth a try. Or CJ Wilson for Grandy given his extra keeper value.

Comment

I have nothing to add other than its nice to see all these familiar names. Hi various league mates!

Comment

Part of my problem is that I love all my pitchers too much. Ichiro or Granderson straight up for Felix or Anderson didn't seem like enough to me, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just seeing my pitchers through rose-colored glasses. I'm reluctant to part with any of my pitchers, but I know that I don't need all of them in order for my team to do well in the pitching categories.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Part of my problem is that I love all my pitchers too much. Ichiro or Granderson straight up for Felix or Anderson didn't seem like enough to me, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just seeing my pitchers through rose-colored glasses. I'm reluctant to part with any of my pitchers, but I know that I don't need all of them in order for my team to do well in the pitching categories.
            As you know you have to give to get. Felix or Anderson is too much to give for Ichiro or Granderson. A $20 Scherzer for a $31 Granderson should help you both. Seems like something you could both live with?

Comment

Hmmm...welll...uh...I'm going to go against the grain here. Anderson's at a great price, but even with the three year consideration, I'd deal him before Scherzer in a 5x5 league. I admittedly am thinking in "win now" mode, and I'd hate to give up the 45-55 Ks more that I think Scherzer will give you at equivalent ratios. Straight up for Grandy is probably questionable, but say with a Grandy/Crain for Anderson/Ray so you get a handcuff to Thornton might be workable.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X