RP Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP Help

How would you rate these closers both for this year and the next 2-3 years? Standard 5x5 scoring:

David Aardsma
    Jake McGee
    Daniel Bard

Aardsma can't be kept after this year while McGee and Bard can both be kept at $1 for next year and the following year.

Given that Aardsma can't be kept after this year and Bard and McGee can at $1....

Bard
    McGee
    Aardsma

Comment

McGee
      Bard
      -----
      hot dog vendor
      ----
      Aardsma

Jenks signed a 2-year deal with BOS so there's no guarantee that Bard is the closer next year. I would say the situation in TB is probably more fluid this year and offers a better chance next year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        McGee
        Bard
        -----
        hot dog vendor
        ----
        Aardsma

Jenks signed a 2-year deal with BOS so there's no guarantee that Bard is the closer next year. I would say the situation in TB is probably more fluid this year and offers a better chance next year.
        I think you libel the hot dog vendor.

If he werer not a hot commodity as a SP, I would recommend Ogando. Keep an eye on Jeremy Jeffress, KC, is a possible for later this summer and beyond. He is the first legit set up man the Royals have had. So, for the first time, the prospect of trading Soria is reasonable.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-13-2011, 07:15 AM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I really like McGee for $1, whether as a closer or a starter, for the future. I agree with those who wonder whether Bard will actually get a closer job.

For this year Aardsma is still a decent bet for saves in another month or so, unless he's had an injury setback that I haven't heard about. Aardsma is a decent enough pitcher, not great, but as good as a dozen other closers that are clinging to their jobs around the league. With his low arm angle, Brandon League has trouble with lefties, so I doubt that Seattle wants to install him as the permanent closer, and they don't have any other obvious options.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll see if I have enough FAAB to bid on the hot dog vendor, but he's probably a hot commodity. I'll keep an eye out on Jeffries as well, since I do have Soria also.

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            McGee
            Bard
            -----
            hot dog vendor
            ----
            Aardsma

Comment

I suspect that short-term, Collins or even Crow are in better position to take the closer job in KC than Jeffress is, should Soria falter, which I don't expect (any more than normal from any closer). If Soria gets traded later in the year (he's on a very favorable deal for KC through 2014), then maybe Jeffress comes into the picture at some point, but right now I don't think the Royals consider him ready for late-inning, high-pressure work in the majors. If Tejeda can get things back together (unsure), he would also be a prime candidate to fill in for Soria if he were traded.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I really like McGee for $1, whether as a closer or a starter, for the future. I agree with those who wonder whether Bard will actually get a closer job.

For this year Aardsma is still a decent bet for saves in another month or so, unless he's had an injury setback that I haven't heard about. Aardsma is a decent enough pitcher, not great, but as good as a dozen other closers that are clinging to their jobs around the league. With his low arm angle, Brandon League has trouble with lefties, so I doubt that Seattle wants to install him as the permanent closer, and they don't have any other obvious options.
                I agree with this. It is the best of both worlds. You get saves this year and a good keeper for the future. Can always trade Aardsma later if needed.

Comment

Working...
                X