White Sox call-up Carlos Rodon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Sox call-up Carlos Rodon

Source: Carlos Rodon joining #WhiteSox tomorrow. Will initially work out of bullpen.

Huzzah. I needed the roster space.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Kind of an early surprise, no? What's the value in having him work out of the pen vs being stretched in AAA? I guess low-stress MLB exposure before starting?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        Kind of an early surprise, no? What's the value in having him work out of the pen vs being stretched in AAA? I guess low-stress MLB exposure before starting?
        The Sox view Rodon long-term as a starter, but general manager Rick Hahn mentioned during spring training that they could use Rodon in the bullpen at first, like they did initially with Chris Sale. “He could survive in the bullpen right now, yes,” Hahn said at the end of March. “…We may get to the point … of bringing him through the bullpen, in part because it will make the bullpen stronger and in part because OK, now he has to refine that fastball command against big-league hitters or get used to throwing all three of his pitches at the big league level as the next stage in his development.”

Comment

So Chris Sale spent 2 years, 79 games and 94 innings as a reliever. How long does Chicago keep Rodon back there before letting him start? Is it likely he spends the full season working in relief before getting to start next year? I hope not. I guess it all depends on how he performs, but seems like there is some precedent for a long bullpen stint. (granted, Sale was the closer for a while there too.)

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
            So Chris Sale spent 2 years, 79 games and 94 innings as a reliever. How long does Chicago keep Rodon back there before letting him start? Is it likely he spends the full season working in relief before getting to start next year? I hope not. I guess it all depends on how he performs, but seems like there is some precedent for a long bullpen stint. (granted, Sale was the closer for a while there too.)
            Hahn also stated that while they would prefer to bring him along slowly through the pen, injuries could effect the plan.

Comment

Using him in the pen to start will also help to limit his innings, but with only Hector Noesi (or John Danks) in his way, I would imagine that he's starting by Memorial Day.

Comment

lots of ways to get in that rotation.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

2 ways - Danks & Noesi.

Comment

Too bad he will never pitch to Hideki Matsui!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                      Too bad he will never pitch to Hideki Matsui!
                      I see what you did there.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

With Jeff Samardzija, Chris Sale and Jose Quintana lined up to face the Tigers Tuesday through Thursday, there’s speculation that Sale and Samardzija might drop their appeals for five-game suspensions stemming from the brawl with the Royals and begin serving those after the starts, which could give one to Rodon against the Reds at home next Sunday.

Comment

My money on Rodon seems to be paying dividends. Giolito next, but he has a tougher road.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Rodon starts on Saturday

Comment

It took so long.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X