Greg Holland to the DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Holland to the DL

With a pectoral strain. I keep telling myself it is too early to panic, but the doubling up of injuries at the same position for me--Pence and Gomez in the OF, Smyly and Kennedy at SP, and Jansen and Holland at RP now, a hole is being dug already for my team.

fwiw, I don't think it's too early to panic.

of course, Wade Davis owners are quietly rejoicing.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I watched him close out last night and I thought that he just didn't look right. Throwing a bit awkwardly, and without his usual precision...I own him in one league, and Davis in another. Split decision for me.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        fwiw, I don't think it's too early to panic.

of course, Wade Davis owners are quietly rejoicing.
        Granted,
        Oh, I own Davis too. The problem is, he is my only other RP on my roster, and I have so many other injuries, I have to decide which positions to just leave empty on my active roster until one of Holland, Jansen, Kennedy, Smyly, Cain, Gomez, and Pence get back.

I actually kept Davis, because I was convinced he or Holland would get dealt at some point. I didn't think KC would spend so much on their bullpen, although I think it is the right move--it is a huge part of their success.

Edit: Just because I can't believe the level of my bad fortune so far, I have 9 players on my roster currently on the DL. Granted, I drafted Pence and Smyly knowing they'd be out, but I didn't anticipate having so many others fall.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-18-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

He's done for 2015 and likely now 2016 as he has a "significant tear" in his UCL

The worst part is he's going to be non-tendered now, so he'll be a free agent and is going to have to sign a smaller deal

Comment

Working...
          X