Backup SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup SS

I didn't draft a backup for Reyes and of course he is hurt.

I could trade Odor for Flores. JRamirez and Herrera are FA but I'd have to drop one of: Odor, Hosmer, Arcia* or Giolito*

* = dynasty keeper

If Reyes goes on the DL, which player should I get to fill-in?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

If Reyes goes on the DL, do you get an open roster spot? I'd rather have a free Ramirez than give up Odor for Flores. Honestly I might like Ramirez more than Flores anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      If Reyes goes on the DL, do you get an open roster spot? I'd rather have a free Ramirez than give up Odor for Flores. Honestly I might like Ramirez more than Flores anyway.
      No, as I have Cobb/Parnell on the DL.

Will Giolito contribute in 2016? If not then maybe I need to cut him and keep him on my radar for next year.

Comment

Parnell's velocity is down so I think he's expendible. I have Cobb/Parnell/Gomez/Reyes all potentially on the DL (2 roster spots).

Beckham, Hecchavaria, Crawford, Simmons, Ramirez, Duffy are all FA.

Beckham is intriguing. Is Ramirez the best of the bunch? I do like that he will add some speed in Reyes' absence.

Comment

Cut Parnell. He won't get many saves until Familia blows up, if he ever does.

Comment

Yeah I think if it was me, I'd cut Parnell, get Reyes on the DL and pick up Ramirez.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Yeah I think if it was me, I'd cut Parnell, get Reyes on the DL and pick up Ramirez.
              Thanks revo and JC. I have Cobb and Gomez on the DL now, Parnell cut for J-Ram.

Comment

I agree with cutting Parnell. Every save Familia gets is reducing the chances Parnell gets the job anytime soon.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  I agree with cutting Parnell. Every save Familia gets is reducing the chances Parnell gets the job anytime soon.
                  That's the feeling I have, too. There was no harm in stashing him, but I need the DL spots now.

Comment

Were you trying to trade for Wilmer Flores? That guy sucks, Ramirez and Simmons are definitely better than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                      Were you trying to trade for Wilmer Flores? That guy sucks, Ramirez and Simmons are definitely better than he is.
                      Yes, just because I knew he was available. He hit a HR yesterday and is an "offense-first" SS.

Comment

For the next couple of months, would you rather have Corey Seager or Addison Russell? Both are torching AAA, but I have no clue who gets called up and when.

BTW My best early pick up is Tim Beckham, SS TB. #1 overall in 2008. Talk about a late bloomer.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Seager is in AA. I feel the Cubs have a greater need atm but that can change quickly.

Comment

Yeah, definitely Russell this year since he can play his way into the majors while Seager would need an injury

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                              Seager is in AA. I feel the Cubs have a greater need atm but that can change quickly.
                              Seager is hitting .531 at AA, but it's a valid point. I think that Russell's glove may be the tipping factor. If he comes up, he starts from day 1. My concern is the Cubs history of waiting for Super II dates. Remember how long they kept Rizzo down?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X