MLB At-Bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB At-Bat

Does anyone use this app? I want to find something similar to NFL Rewind where I can re-watch particular at-bats? Does anyone know if this app lets you do that?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Use it a ton, but you can't do what you're asking for. You have to use mlb.tv to jump into a specific AB

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Use it a ton, but you can't do what you're asking for. You have to use mlb.tv to jump into a specific AB
      Thanks Jason!
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

yep, mlb.tv will do that. you can scroll to any point in the game.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Looking for some info on MLB.tv ...

So this is my first year as a subscriber to MLB.tv and I sure used it a lot through the regular season ... so I checked to see how it works in the post-season ... and read this (bolding mine) ...

Available games will include the National League Wild Card Game, NL Division Series and NL Championship Series (all games); the American League Division Series and ALCS (select games); and the World Series (all games). Check the schedule for games and for participating pay TV providers, as a one-time authentication is required for eligible subscribers.
          Huh? I don't have a cable subscription. Does this mean that I won't be able to watch the post-season???

And seriously, not all AL games are included?

Anyone know the scoop here?
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            Looking for some info on MLB.tv ...

So this is my first year as a subscriber to MLB.tv and I sure used it a lot through the regular season ... so I checked to see how it works in the post-season ... and read this (bolding mine) ...

Huh? I don't have a cable subscription. Does this mean that I won't be able to watch the post-season???

And seriously, not all AL games are included?

Anyone know the scoop here?
            You're basically screwed for the post-season. The coverage that mlb.tv provides essentially amounts to various camera angles available one at a time (i.e. if you want to watch the centerfield camera, that's all you get -- no live editing of footage is included) with no broadcasters included, too. At least that's how I remember it. For the last couple of years, I've had to bite the bullet and go to sports bars to watch the games when possible. And if that's not an option, I've tried to find a friend or neighbor who enjoys baseball to visit around playoff time. And failing that, I've found streams of the broadcast online (for quality and legality purposes, this isn't recommended).

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
              You're basically screwed for the post-season. The coverage that mlb.tv provides essentially amounts to various camera angles available one at a time (i.e. if you want to watch the centerfield camera, that's all you get -- no live editing of footage is included) with no broadcasters included, too. At least that's how I remember it. For the last couple of years, I've had to bite the bullet and go to sports bars to watch the games when possible. And if that's not an option, I've tried to find a friend or neighbor who enjoys baseball to visit around playoff time. And failing that, I've found streams of the broadcast online (for quality and legality purposes, this isn't recommended).
              what a crock!!! Jays make the playoffs & I can't watch from home unless I sign up for a major cable company?!?!?! Ridiculous!
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                what a crock!!! Jays make the playoffs & I can't watch from home unless I sign up for a major cable company?!?!?! Ridiculous!
                Not exactly. What kind of feed you get depends on who the broadcaster is. At least that's how I remember it. I think the Fox broadcasts, you get the full broadcast feed, but the ESPN games, nothing? I'm not sure I have that straight, but I think that's right. And when Bodz talks about having the various camera angles, I actually like that. I actually prefer getting the high home viewpoint and listening to radio broadcasters over having to listen to the inanity that is the typical TV broadcast and being stuck with whatever the TV producer wants to show me. But I don't remember if that's always available.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Not exactly. What kind of feed you get depends on who the broadcaster is. At least that's how I remember it. I think the Fox broadcasts, you get the full broadcast feed, but the ESPN games, nothing? I'm not sure I have that straight, but I think that's right. And when Bodz talks about having the various camera angles, I actually like that. I actually prefer getting the high home viewpoint and listening to radio broadcasters over having to listen to the inanity that is the typical TV broadcast and being stuck with whatever the TV producer wants to show me. But I don't remember if that's always available.
                  ok, I'll step back from the ledge for the moment ... we'll see if I can get the broadcast feeds ...

edit: in case anyone cares I was able to watch the wildcard game yesterday ... it appears that I overreacted.
                  Last edited by TranaGreg; 10-07-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X