I took your suggestions now HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took your suggestions now HDID?

Ok, I basically used the forum to render my keeper list, formulate a strategy for the auction and then for my reserve round selections.

I think my offense is solid, but I've no room for error on pitching.

Keepers in bold. 15 team, tough mixed league 5x5

Ca Grandal 2
    Ca Mesoraco 3

1b LaRoche 28 more than I wanted to pay, but I had extra and he was the last slugger on the board.
    3b P Alvarez 16
    Ci Moose 9
    2b Kinsler 34
    Ss iglesias 2
    Mi JJ Hardy 8 should be back next week.
    Of Trout 25
    Of Gomez 15

Of Ellsbury 35
    Of Cuddyer 9
    Of Pence 16
    Ut Keirmaier 9

Kang is my only reserve on Offense, but I can move some pieces for the first FAAB next week.
    I also got Moncada in the reserve rounds as well.

Lester 12
    Gray 2
    McHugh 6
    deGrom 4
    shomaker 2

Kazmir 15
    Doolittle 6
    Parnell 1
    Benoit 1

I grabbed these guys in the reserve rounds: Chase Anderson, Rubby, despagnie, Axford and grabbed wheeler with my last pick so he'll be $2.

I have 3 DL spots to fill as well as another once I move Moncada to my minors. There might not be much left, but this is where I do my best work--waivers.

Rotolab has me in 1st right now, but I'd like your thoughts if you can spare the time.

Thanks all!!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I thought you did very well, and having five starters frozen worked out to your advantage, since pitchers generally went for crazy prices. The offense is very good, and you can always tinker with your pitching if you need to.

You overcame the adversity of drafting on the phone, too. That must have been difficult.

Comment

JJ, it's a very balanced team. Excellent keepers going in did not hurt, but you did well to balance your team. Losing Benoit as a closer hurts, but maybe Parnell will help. Definitely like how you built the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        I thought you did very well, and having five starters frozen worked out to your advantage, since pitchers generally went for crazy prices. The offense is very good, and you can always tinker with your pitching if you need to.

You overcame the adversity of drafting on the phone, too. That must have been difficult.
        I knew arms would go at a premium which is why I dealt Stanton for Lester and Addison Russell.

Speaking of connectivity, I actually won Zorbist, but the auctioneer kind of left me hanging and net thing I knew we were on to the next player and he wouldn't rewind it. Still I like Iglesias a lot and Hardy should help.

Again, I need some help, but if I have to I can deal Trout at the deadline right?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          JJ, it's a very balanced team. Excellent keepers going in did not hurt, but you did well to balance your team. Losing Benoit as a closer hurts, but maybe Parnell will help. Definitely like how you built the offense.
          Thanks, I wish i'd known going in that the Padres would be trading for Kimbrel, but still benoit has got me 2 wins this week so he just might be my vulture this season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X