Josh Hamilton pulled 4/12/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Hamilton pulled 4/12/11

Josh Hamilton was pulled from Tuesday's game with a right shoulder strain.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

strained it diving for home

Comment

They should go ahead and take his appendix out while he's down.

Comment

He's dead Jim
        I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

small non-displaced fracture, gone two months.

Comment

this has been the most injury ridden start to a season i can recall.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I realize Hamilton was frustrated from getting hurt again but he threw his 3b coach under the bus when the coach made the right call.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                small non-displaced fracture, gone two months.
                fracture of what, specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  fracture of what, specifically?
                  humerus in his right shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I realize Hamilton was frustrated from getting hurt again but he threw his 3b coach under the bus when the coach made the right call.
                    What did Hamilton say?
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                      What did Hamilton say?
                      He said that he didn't want to go on the play that he injured himself, but that the 3rd base coach told him to tag up:

Per Rotoworld:
                      Josh Hamilton underwent preliminary X-rays on his right shoulder Tuesday which showed no separation.
                      Good news, though we won't know much about his status until the Rangers receive MRI results. Hamilton suffered the injury while trying to tag up from third base on a pop-fly in the first inning of Tuesday's game against the Tigers. Interestingly, Hamilton said he didn't want to go on the play, but was told to tag up by third base coach Dave Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        What did Hamilton say?
                        The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

Comment

Consider the problems Hamilton faces-- recovery and PT without the aid of painkillers. This will take longer than usual to come back from and there are many dark possibilities along the road.
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

He was not happy he was sent home.

Comment

Frankly, I don't blame Hamilton for being pissed...it's a high risk play to begin with, and not a smart one to do when your best player is injury prone to begin with. Add in what Bob said about trying to recover and rehab without painkillers, and overall, Hamilton loses big time.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X