Heisey vs Hawpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heisey vs Hawpe?

10-team, 5X5 NL-only. Would you drop Hawpe for Heisey? Since it's April, my needs are pretty much across the board at this point- just looking for the most overall roto value in 2011.

Perhaps I'm panicking on Hawpe a little. OK, a lot But I've liked Heisey for some time, nearly grabbed him for $1 at the end of our auction, now I'm wishing I had.

Obviously Hawpe has clearer PT at this point. But the guy looks awful, and really has been awful since last May. I know Shandler and others liked him as a cheap rebound candidate, but the K rate is alarming- of course, small sample size. And at some point Blanks will be in the 1B picture, so if Hawpe doesn't start hitting, you've got to think a lot of those AB's will start going to Cantu and/or Blanks.

It looks like Heisey has the better overall skills package- but of course no clear PT. But you know Gomes + Stubbs won't go a 162 game season w/out going into moderate to severe funks at some point- and heck even Jay Bruce is no sure thing at this point. So can Heisey see 400+ AB's? If so I'm thinking he'll have more value than Hawpe.

What do you guys think? I need to decide by tonight, any help appreciated.

i just did pretty much that an hour ago by putting hawpe i na deal so i can start heisey in my nl only.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Forget the skills, PT should end up being fairly close and it's Petco vs. GASP.

(and I like Heisey's skills way better)

Comment

I think I'd go with Heisey on this one

Comment

I would drop Hawpe to pick up Heisey if I had Hawpe. Better skills, and maybe even better playing time if Cincy ever realized he's a better bet than Gomes most of the time (Gomes' hot right now, but it's a long season and history says he won't stay that way for long).
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X