Kimbrel to the Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    to be fair it cost them nothing but Wisler and money, and I have to think they're planning to trade off more relievers.
    My thought exactly- and they have a new TV deal in the works. They may not be rolling in cash the way the Dodgers are, but they'll be able to handle the money.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

well, Quentin and Maybin are included in that money, under the assumption that those are essentially dead contracts like Upton's. Fangraphs appears to think the other prospect isn't likely to be worth much (cf http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/a-loo...kimbrel-trade/). The 41st pick is basically money. About $5m according to a study from 2013 (http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...re-draft-picks).
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Fredi Gonzalez has announced that Grilli is officially "the closer"

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Fredi Gonzalez has announced that Grilli is officially "the closer"
          of course he did, because i picked up the other two. grr.

on a different note - what would you put up in FAAB for kimbrel? because the trade happened before opening day, he's now available in my main league (imagine it as if you were in an AL-only, and kimbrel was traded to an AL team). normal $100 budget. my guess is he'll go for around $75 or so, but i'm curious what others think.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post

on a different note - what would you put up in FAAB for kimbrel? because the trade happened before opening day, he's now available in my main league (imagine it as if you were in an AL-only, and kimbrel was traded to an AL team). normal $100 budget. my guess is he'll go for around $75 or so, but i'm curious what others think.
            max bid type of player if you need a closer and whip help

Comment

At least 90 if you have 0 dollar bids, maybe 80 if you don't, assuming no in-season cap.

Comment

no 0 dollar bids, but we do have an in-season cap, and it's a good thing you brought that up, because it reminded me that it will limit the bids. cap right now is $320, so max bid for most will be $60. i shudder to think how we do the tie-breaker. rules committee time...
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

no 0 dollar bids, but we do have an in-season cap, and it's a good thing you brought that up, because it reminded me that it will limit the bids. cap right now is $320, so max bid for most will be $60. i shudder to think how we do the tie-breaker. rules committee time...
                  I assume the cap also applies to bench guys which is why max for most teams is 60? Maybe the team who left money on the table gets him. Maybe the team who has someone expensive they can DL gets him?

Comment

There may be a secondary residual benefit, assuming that Justin Upton has a great season, and the trade helps SD re-sign him (which they've said they'd like to do). Perhaps they even get an extension done during the season, now that they have Melvin.

(As a Benoit owner, I shed a tear last night. I built my team around a two-closer strategy so this hurts, in a big way.)
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      I assume the cap also applies to bench guys which is why max for most teams is 60? Maybe the team who left money on the table gets him. Maybe the team who has someone expensive they can DL gets him?
                      we count DL players toward the cap, along with reserve. and i think everybody spent down every dollar in the auction, but i'd have to go back to my listing to be sure. it's certainly going to be interesting. my personal cap is $47, as i've already spent $13 FAAB to replace injured players :/...

Comment

we count DL players toward the cap, along with reserve. and i think everybody spent down every dollar in the auction, but i'd have to go back to my listing to be sure. it's certainly going to be interesting. my personal cap is $47, as i've already spent $13 FAAB to replace injured players :/...
                        Could you dump one of the replacement players for a cheaper replacement to up your cap space?

What do you guys think Grilli's FAAB price will be? He's available in my NL only league, $100 FAAB budget, no salary cap.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          Could you dump one of the replacement players for a cheaper replacement to up your cap space?

What do you guys think Grilli's FAAB price will be? He's available in my NL only league, $100 FAAB budget, no salary cap.
                          Grilli went for 43 today in my 10 tm NL only $100 budget, no cap, vickery.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Grilli went for 43 today in my 10 tm NL only $100 budget, no cap, vickery.
                            Sealed bids right? Not auction?

Do you know what the second highest bid was?

Comment

yeah sealed bids. I dont know the second highest, as it isnt published.

Comment

Working...
                              X