Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade advice: Harrison/Pomeranz for Cashner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade advice: Harrison/Pomeranz for Cashner?

15-team mixed. Harrison ($5) is my super-backup. Pomeranz ($6) is my 5th or 6th starter (we start 5 SPs). Cashner is $15.

No brainer?

I countered with asking for Oswalo Arcia too.

Comment

- Harrison & Pomeranz for Cashner: Not nearly a no-brainer if you expect a nice season from Pomeranz. For as good as Cashner is, he doesn't really strike anyone out. Pomeranz, now that he's in the rotation, can certainly have equal value to Cashner thanks to his much higher K%.

- Harrison & Pomeranz for Cashner & Arcia -- yeah, now THAT's a no-brainer (for you), but the odds on this trade happening are miniscule.

Comment

I guess I'm over-relying on projections that put Cashner way above Pomeranz in my points system. The K's help but aren't as crucial as in 5x5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
          I guess I'm over-relying on projections that put Cashner way above Pomeranz in my points system. The K's help but aren't as crucial as in 5x5.
          I like Cashner, but keep in mind Jefe that he's on a contract. So not only is he $15 this year, but you'd have to keep him for $20 next year. As much as I like Cashner, and as much as SPs go for in this league, I'm not sure that he's a $20 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
            I like Cashner, but keep in mind Jefe that he's on a contract. So not only is he $15 this year, but you'd have to keep him for $20 next year. As much as I like Cashner, and as much as SPs go for in this league, I'm not sure that he's a $20 guy.
            Wait a minute, whose best interest are you considering? ;]

He's countered with Andrew Cashner, Jon Gray and
            Oswaldo Arcia for Mookie Betts, Josh Harrison and Drew
            Pomeranz.

Comment

I'd keep Betts out of it. Th first offer of cashner for harrison and pom was fair before I saw you would have to keep cashner for 20 next year. I wouln't want to commit to that given his injury history.

Comment

Think I'm going to walk away from this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                  Think I'm going to walk away from this one.
                  Pom has the upside to make you happy you passed. Of course, he is riskier and if he struggles for awhile, he could lose his job to Chavez at some point. But I think you are right to pass give Cashner's contract.

Comment

Working...
                  X