Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Will the MLB Teams Put Their Players on the DL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Will the MLB Teams Put Their Players on the DL?

MLB Transactions are trickling in. Why, for example, have the Marlins not put Jose Fernandez on the DL? The Reds and Homer Bailey? What are they waiting for?

Not until they have to finalize their 25-man rosters, which is probably Saturday or Sunday.

Wasn't Fernandez already on the DL though?

The only reason to do it sooner is if you want to put them on the 60-day DL to clear a spot on the 40-man.

Comment

KS has a terrific post here.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
        What are they waiting for?
        There are things in the rules that sometimes make it advantageous to wait, e.g., if you might want to recall a player you've already optioned to minor league camp, and very few things that make it advantageous to put them on the DL right away.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          There are things in the rules that sometimes make it advantageous to wait, e.g., if you might want to recall a player you've already optioned to minor league camp, and very few things that make it advantageous to put them on the DL right away.
          You mean like putting guys in a DL spot instead of their bench for Fantasy Baseball? Darn them!

Comment

This time of year kills me. I need to pick up someone because of an injury, but I have to wait til opening day eve. Grrrrr.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I want to pick up Hutchison when I put Darvish on the DL...it's agony waiting. By the time he goes on the DL, I'll probably change my mind 5 times.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
              X