OK...let me have it.... AL only HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...let me have it.... AL only HDID

For whatever reason, I just wasn't 'feeling it' at my two auctions this year...I felt as though I had good keepers going in, but prices just go out of control and I think I panicked on a few purchases given what was still out there at the time. Regardless, I always like more sets of eyes looking at my team and giving constructive (or destructive) feedback. So, without further ado...

* represents keeper; 8 team AL only 5x5 league with k/9

Gattis-28 (McCann went for 25, SPerez kept at 21, Martin 17, Zunino kept at 8 and Gomes kept at 16)
    Chirinios-3
    Encanacion-43 (other CI were Cabrera-49, Beltre-32, Panda-29, Pujols-26, Abreu kept at 26, Longo-24, Seager kept at 22, Fielder 22, Machado 22)
    Semien-10*
    Moustakas-3
    Andrus-35 (other MI were Cano 41, Reyes 35, Hanley 30, ARamirez-29, Kinsler 24)
    Zobrist-23
    Cron-1
    OArcia-15*
    MCabrera-6*
    LMartin-13*
    ACraig-3 (I probably should have gone for one of the higher priced OF, but, I decided to wait on the OF given that I have 4 solid starters...)
    Victorino-2 (have Betts on minors to replace either him or Craig)
    JPinto-2 (took chance and planned on using reserves to find replacement)
    Betances-11*
    CAllen-6*
    NFeliz-11*
    SGray-17*
    JSamardijza-11*
    TWalker-7 (there was another thread about "I'm going to get"...so and so at the draft...he was mine...I could have kept him at $10)
    Quintana-6*
    YDarvish-1 (figured in an 8 team league, I'd take the chance and pick up a pretty good pitcher to replace him via reserves)
    DFarquhar-1

So far, on reserves, I have picked up Miley, Burns, Gentry, JRamirez, Gillaspie, Hunter and McCallister

We have a saying in our league...'there are no bargains' and while the final end game in an 8 team only league always ends up having bargains, there really weren't too many aside from keepers.

I think this team is solid given our historical stats to win categories. In 2014, the #1 stats were: .266, 235HR, 1016R, 950RBI, 146SB, 3.11ERA, 9.45K/9, 91S, 96W and 1.12WHIP.

So, there you have it....how bad is it??
    Last edited by luckyheel; 04-02-2015, 11:07 AM. Reason: added cabrera as a keeper

Decent balance. Some nice buys. Only soft spot is your SP and OF. Amazed that Melky went for 6. He has been $20+ in 12 team leagues; 8 teams must make a big difference.

Comment

No, he should have been marked as a keeper.

Comment

I don't like the Andrus and Gattis buys, but there's any number of experts pushing Gattis hard. Melky at 6, even in an 8-team only, is a steal. I like your pitching buys. Getting Gillaspie on reserves is nice; no HR power to speak of, but he gets respectable counting numbers and will not hurt your BA. It's a good pitching staff, esp w k/9 as a category.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I do not normally disagree much with Chance. In this case I am. I like the Gattis buy for this year. You have the best catcher for 3 bucks more than the 2nd best catcher. Now there is a guy I am not paying $25 for. We got to spend our money somewhere. Buying the best at a position for under 30 bucks is almost always a good thing.

Comment

Working...
          X