AL HDID - Fish Out Of Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL HDID - Fish Out Of Water

AL only 5x5 keeper league. Out of my element. Would love feedback on the overall team (less concerned about auction prices; may have "overpaid" on some players but am ok with that if team is ok). My teams are usually pitching heavy. Don't think I've ever spent less on pitching. Strengths / weaknesses? Where would you look to fix a weakness via trade? Anyone you would drop asap? Which players would you seek to trade away?

I love the offense though it feels like an old team (injury risks) with upside. Weak pitching? Thanks for your feedback. Very much out of my element with an AL auction.

Asterisk denotes keeper.
    C - Dioner Navarro $4
    C - Geovany Soto $1
    *1B - Jose Abreu $35
    *2B - Micah Johnson $8
    SS - Ben Zobrist $22
    3B - Conor Gillaspie $3
    MI - Omar Infante $8
    CI - Prince Fielder $34
    *OF - JD Martinez $10
    *OF - Melky Cabrera $17
    OF - Brandon Moss $25
    OF - Torii Hunter $20
    OF - Rajai Davis $8
    DH - Coco Crisp $14
    *P - Chris Sale 26
    *P - Alex Cobb $8
    *P - Jake McGee $1
    P - Mark Buehrle $1
    P - Kyle Gibson $4
    P - Shane Greene $6
    P - Kelvin Herrera $2
    P - Eric O'Flaherty $1
    P - Hunter Harvey $1 (minor league keeper for future)

I sure hope this is 12 teams. Sale/Cobb/Buehrle/Gibson/Greene is pretty solid for a 12-team AL rotation. Would be better with a more proven strikeout guy at #3, but I think it works. You really need Gibson and Greene to hit their ceilings. I like Herrera but you really need to get some saves. I assume Boxberger was kept? I would have gone after Jepsen even if it meant paying 3-5. I'm unconvinced that O'Flaherty is even worth a spot. I'd think even in a league this deep there's someone with better ratios or a better chance at saves.

Coco being out for 2 months is really going to test your depth and hurt your ability to trade hitting for saves. Love the Moss buy. Hate the Torii buy. I just think he's done. Love the Rajai davis buy. I think you have enough power and speed. AVG may be a little light depending on Abreu. I would immediately try to trade Torii to the guy who bid $19, and maybe get 2 $10-$12 guys to give you a fill-in for Crisp.

Comment

I think it is a pretty nice team if it is a 12 team league.

I agree with JC on the Hunter and O'Flaherty comments. I am also not big on the Fielder buy at $34, but I wasn't at auction so maybe it was a function of timing.

I really like your keeper list. Micah Johnson is going to give you some good speed all by himself.

It should be a fun team to watch and play with this year.

Comment

Dang. Had no idea Crisp was hurt. Also guys like Feldman and Alfredo Simon are available via Faab. Either one worth a look?

Any other thoughts welcome. So far consensus is people don't like Torii Hunter or Prince Fielder. Hope that consensus proves wrong; I read Hunter may bat cleanup and Fielder looked healthy to me in spring training video. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Dang. Had no idea Crisp was hurt. Also guys like Feldman and Alfredo Simon are available via Faab. Either one worth a look?

Any other thoughts welcome. So far consensus is people don't like Torii Hunter or Prince Fielder. Hope that consensus proves wrong; I read Hunter may bat cleanup and Fielder looked healthy to me in spring training video. We'll see.
          I am not a huge fan of Feldman or Simon but either would be better than O'Flaherty. I guess I'd pick Simon over Feldman.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I am not a huge fan of Feldman or Simon but either would be better than O'Flaherty. I guess I'd pick Simon over Feldman.
            Agree with this. I don't mind the Torii buy - he's about a $20 player in a 12-teamer with admitted downside risk.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X