12-team mixed hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed hdid

5x5 using AVG. my keepers were BHamilton $7, Carter $6, Cespedes $17, Kluber $8, Harvey $6, Chapman $15. In general pitchers seem to go too high, esp closers, and this time there was a lot of money almost left on the table so there were some fine bidding wars (Matt Cain for $17, Carrasco for $19, for example). Also you can't take injured players in the reserve draft that happens after the auction, and you can't pick up guys on the DL during the season, so you can only get them in auction. Keeper prices go up $5/yr starting immediately, so I'll be able to keep Stroman and Darvish for $6 each next year (assuming I don't trade them which I probably will). I'm also pretty much the only person who even tries streaming pitchers, so I run my pitching way cheaper than anyone else.

C: Lucroy $25, Gattis $19
    1B: Lind $1
    2B: Kinsler $16
    SS: Hanley $31
    3B: Donaldson $27
    CI: Aramis $2 (holding Bryant's spot)
    MI: Alexei Ramirez $13
    OF: Cespedes $17, BHamilton $7, Cutch $47, Cuddyer $3, Souza $5
    UT: Carter $6

P: Kluber $8, Harvey $6, Chapman $15, Tillman $5, Smyly $2, McAllister $1, AMiller $1, Stroman $1, Darvish $1

reserves: Hammel, Soria, Eovaldi, Pompey, Greene
    Last edited by mjl; 04-01-2015, 11:27 PM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Nice prices, I would have been willing to go 1 dollar more on a lot of those guys.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I'm bored on the bus home, so here are some data points on pricing for guys who went double digits. Anyone really good unlisted was kept. As noted above, a lot of the inflated SP prices were due to people with too much money left near the end of the auction (as was Ozuna, I think).

C: Posey 33, Lucroy 25, Gattis 19, Perez 18, Mesoraco 17, McCann 14, Molina 13, Gomes 11, Wieters 10
      1B: Miggy 45, Goldschmidt 40, Fielder 26, Freeman 24, Pujols 23, AGonz 22, Votto 18
      2B: Gordon 19, Pedroia 17, Kinsler 16, Kipnis 16, Kendrick 14, Zobrist 12, Walker 10
      SS: Tulo 36, Hanley 31, Reyes 22, Andrus 11, Segura 10
      3B: Donaldson 27, Beltre 25, Arenado 22, Longoria 18, Davis 16, Santana 16, Panda 14, Zimmerman 11, Wright 11, Carpenter 10
      OF: Cutch 47, AJones 34, CGonzalez 30, Marte 29, Ellsbury 26, Brantley 24, Braun 24, JUpton 21, Bruce 20, Yelich 19, Ozuna 18, Holliday 17, Kemp 17, NCruz 17, Calhoun 17, Myers 14, Heyward 13, Trumbo 12, Pence 10, KDavis 10, Gardner 10, Revere 10, Melky 10

SP: Bumgarner 30, Greinke 28, Wainwright 22, TRoss 21, Carrasco 18, Shields 17, Cain 17, Teheran 16, DeGrom 15, AWood 15, Gio 14, Tanaka 13, Fister 12, Cobb 11, Latos 11, Archer 11, Pineda 11, Kennedy 11, Odorizzi 11, Cashner 10, TWalker 10, Fiers 10

RP: Kimbrel 19, Holland 19, Allen 15, Jansen 13, Rosenthal 13, Melancon 13, Robertson 12, Cishek 12, Rondon 11, Storen 11, Uehara 11, Benoit 10
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        That really looks like a stellar team to me. Nice work.

Agreed. Nice job.

Comment

as it turns out, I got Billy Burns as my last reserve, not Greene. So guys I can pick up now to replace the two guys going to my DL slots:

hitters: Alcantara, Gose, Joyce, Lamb, Mercer, David Peralta, Plouffe, Jose Ramirez, Snider, Stubbs, Michael Taylor, Victorino
          pitchers: Buehrle, AJ Burnett, Wade Davis, DeSclafani, Greene, Heaney, Hendricks, Herrera, House, Tim Hudson, Leake, Rafael Montero, Parnell (maybe), Petit, Aaron Sanchez

Any strong opinions? I'm thinking Taylor and one of Davis, Greene, House, Leake, or Sanchez. If Lamb gets a starting job, is he preferable to Aramis Ramirez for a couple weeks? Or Plouffe?

Comment

Working...
          X