AL quality (non-closer) reliever options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL quality (non-closer) reliever options

I'm looking to fill out my AL-only team's reserve slots with a couple good relievers to help fill in for injuries and contingencies during the season. I know these guys are pretty fungible, but how do you rank the guys on this list? Or any other suggestions? Chance to close is valuable too.

Kelvin Herrera
    Darren O'Day
    Joe Smith
    Dominic Leone
    Alex Colome
    Josh Fields (injured)
    Tanner Scheppers
    Ryan Cook
    Kyuji Fujikawa
    Bruce Rondon
    Bryan Shaw
    Tom Wilhelmsen

Or do you like these back-end starter types better?

Nate Karns
    Nick Tropeano
    Oberholtzer
    Roenis Elias
    Dan Straily

Smith jumps out due to the uncertainty in the Angels bullpen. Elias is a decent stash but who knows for how long. Leone is an interesting long-term guy but isn't all that close to saves. O'Day is a good guy for ratios and seems to be next in line in Baltimore.

Comment

Suddenly Rondon has a shoulder thing. I know Street usually misses some time so Smith is a nice bet, but Street is never losing his job due to ineffectiveness.

I have less faith in Rodney so maybe Wilhelmsen is of interest. O'Day would definitely be near the top of my list. Of all the starters, I like Karns most by a lot. Cook was bad and got sent down. I think Fields' injury is minor and I actually really like him. But he might be 3rd in line or even 4th.

So how about something like:

O'Day
      Smith
      Wilhelmsen
      Karns
      Fields
      Herrera

I don't have a lot of faith in Feliz but also don't love Scheppers or Fujikawa so I'm not sure what to do about TEX.

Comment

Thanks. Smith got sniped right before me, so I took O'Day but will have another pick coming back soon. No love for Colome and his pseudo-prospectness? Or Tropeano?

Comment

Working...
        X