Ya know......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya know......

....when its all said and done, I think Kei Igawa had a more positive impact for the Yanks than Dice-HR did for the Sawx.....
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I'm looking at Igawa's "career" ML stats and wondering what "positive impact" he's ever had. Matsuzaka was at least decent in 2007 and 2008 before turning to the atrocious side.

While Matsuzaka wasn't nearly what he was billed to be, he was competent for a couple of years, which is two more than you can say for Igawa.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

It was a joke, boy.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Dice-BB
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          It was a joke, boy.
          Maybe it was a joke, but I think it is an accurate statement if you consider the whole package, including posting fees, salaries, etc. I think both would rate a subzero score on any "positive impact" scale that allowed negative numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Maybe it was a joke, but I think it is an accurate statement if you consider the whole package, including posting fees, salaries, etc. I think both would rate a subzero score on any "positive impact" scale that allowed negative numbers.
            Oh, I don't think that true at all...while Matsuzaka has sucked the last couple of seasons, he's still 20 games over .500 for his career. Add in the fact that he helped the Sox win a World Championship, and the impact is overall a positive one.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Oh, I don't think that true at all...while Matsuzaka has sucked the last couple of seasons, he's still 20 games over .500 for his career. Add in the fact that he helped the Sox win a World Championship, and the impact is overall a positive one.
              I guess I'm thinking about what they could have had instead of him for over a $100 million. You never know, of course, but I assume that they'd still have their WS ring if they'd spent that money elsewhere and gotten even an average return on their investment.

Edit: I should also add that I mean he will be a negative value player by the time the contract runs its full course. They still owe him a ton of cash over the next couple of years.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                The Yanks have a world title under Igawa's contract, too.

Comment

The one thing the Yankees have done better than the Red Sox in regards to these terrible signings is that the Yanks cut bait when they realized Igawa was useless, banishing him to the nether-regions of the minors. Meanwhile, the Sox still roll out the rotting carcass of Matsuzaka to throw batting practice every 5th day.
                  "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                  ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

Working...
                  X