What is the rule in your league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the rule in your league

My league is a.l. only but it doesn't matter if you are n.l. or mixed.

If you have a player with 20 games + in the outfield and who also has 10 games at 2b and 11 games at ss, can this player be placed at MI for your auction?

No.

MI is not a position.

Comment

in principle i agree with elD, but for expediency, my main goes pretty strictly with what CBS allows (so that we don't have to monitor it closely), and CBS *does* allow combined games at 2B+SS to qualify a player at MI. this has been mentioned several times in previous threads/posts here. a prominent example this year is josh harrison - 17 games at 2B and 8 games at SS.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post

If you have a player with 20 games + in the outfield and who also has 10 games at 2b and 11 games at ss, can this player be placed at MI for your auction?
        No. Even when we used CBS, we did not allow this.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Really? Can anyone let me know how to change that setting on CBS? That's stupid.
          You can not because cbs says this is THE rule and has been for years. I explained they are dead wrong and they are dictating eligibility of MY league. They apologized for being 'dead wrong' and said too bad, it is the rule.

Comment

agreed with the fact that it's silly. like wbg - i've asked them several times to provide a selectable setting so that you can opt out of it, but they've resisted.

and, yes, it's typically 1 or 2 players per year.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

It didn't affect our league so much when we were on CBS because the commish set everyone's lineups every week after receiving emails from everyone about lineup changes, as we had odd rules about in-season position qualification, so he would flag anyone's change that wasn't kosher by our rules. But I presume few other leagues would wish to operate like that.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

My leagues abide by the CBS rules because, as you've learned, there's no alternative.

This is one of several "that's the way we do it" things about CBS. We launched a new NL only league this year and tried out Yahoo....10 minutes after the online draft was over, we bought the league on CBS - that's how bad yahoo was for an auction keeper league.

Not to hijack the subject, but has anyone tried to use the new CBS site on your mobile phone (not the app, the actual site)? The damn thing is virtually un-navigable - you need hands the size of a two-year old to do anything (try bringing up the tiny pending trades screen at the bottom), and when you zoom the screen, it wont scroll properly (unfortunately, my phone does not have a good enough iOS to run the app anymore). I have sent 2 notes complaining about it and get the customary - thanks for telling us, but we wont do crap about it.

We should all go in on a venture to create the perfect customizable fantasy commissioner product - we would make a killing. Wish I could program.

Comment

Did anyone mention that CI is not a position?

Comment

our CBS league is 15 games during the previous year and 5 games in current year qualifies him.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post

No. Need 20 and adding Ss and 2b will not work.
                      Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                      X