Rank these Injuried players in terms of value this year and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these Injuried players in terms of value this year and beyond

In my league, we have deep benches, so we always have some owners (especially rebuilding ones) take on hurt players. I may try to acquire one as a trade chip in season. Which of these hurt players would you target, and in what order? Anyone I acquire who is out for the year is definitely going to be dealt at some point to an owner looking toward the future.

Back this year:

Patrick Corbin
    Brandon Beachy
    Martin Perez
    AJ Griffin

Out for the year:

Zack Wheeler
    Marcus Stroman
    Jurickson Profar

Would target Corbin or Wheeler. Wouldn't mess with the rest. Corbin for a little value this year, Wheeler for a trade chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Would target Corbin or Wheeler. Wouldn't mess with the rest. Corbin for a little value this year, Wheeler for a trade chip.
      Yeah, I think those are the top two, although Stroman having a non arm injury makes me conisder him over Wheeler. No reason to think he won't be back 100% to start next year. Heck, Gallardo came back the same year when he popped his.

Comment

Stroman
        ~
        Wheeler
        ~
        Corbin
        Griffin
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Stroman
          Wheeler
          Corbin
          Perez

then Griffin I guess

Comment

Stroman
            Corbin
            Wheeler

Comment

I ended up with Corbin. He was the only one I snagged on my initial bid. I successfully got others to roster and pay more for Wheeler and Stroman.

But more disappointing is that I went in thinking I would get Scherezer and any cost, but I wasn't alone in that resolve. I blinked. But I did land Sanchez, Kennedy, Smyly, and Tillman all combined for around the same cost as Max.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X