12 team AL HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 team AL HDID?

Keepers bolded. Inflation was 13% for hitting and 18% pitching. We added 2 expansion teams this year so I wasn't sure quite what to expect. Pitchers consistently went for more than my inflation-adjusted values. I targeted Shark 21 (27) and Smyly 17 (20) as guys I wanted. Then Quintana 14 (21) Tillman 13 (17) went for more than I was willing to pay. I figured I could find some bargains in the end game but clogged my roster with Zito and Volquez.

A sampling of pitching values:

Felix 42 Price 35 Kluber 33 Gray 25 Anibal 23 Cobb 23 Ventura 21 Weaver 18 Archer 18 Walker 16 Kazmir 15 Porcello 15 Gausman 15 Salazar 14 Hahn 13 Masterson 9

Street 26 Feliz 21 - last 2 closers

Wow, still looks crazy to me.

Phegley 1 Alfaro 1
    EE 32 Kinsler 19 Santana 28 Reyes 27 Weeks 2 GJones 2
    Bautista 25 Castillo 8 Davis 15 Zobrist 22 Calhoun 26 Ruggiano 2
    Shoemaker 5 Pomeranz 11 Buehrle 3 Zito 2 Volquez 2 Gibson 3 Gregerson 5 Clippard 13 Smith 4
    B Appel 10 Fien 10 Meyer 5 Medlen 5 Tazawa 2 Lavarnway 2 Escobar 1 Fujikawa 1

I went heavy on arms in the reserve round. Lets hear it.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-29-2015, 11:03 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I'd love some thoughts on my team. Also, the trade talks have started.

Calhoun/Pomeranz for Vogt/Hughes/(Estrada or Smolinski)

I like the deal as it fills a hole at C. Am I getting good value for Calhoun? Smolinski is the 4th OF so he has some value. I'm inclined to wait until Vogt is eligible at C.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-29-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Great hitting. But that's brutal starting pitching, even for a 12-team AL only league. You're very short on wins and Ks, and not that great in ratios. You'll need help to be competitive in saves, too.

Interesting deal...I'd probably do it, and take Smolinski.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Agree with Chance.

Comment

Do you have Vogt? He doesn't seem to be on your roster.

I would be hesitant but that's just because personal bias has me not want any part of Perez. Although now that I think about it, Hughes is a pretty big upgrade, so Perez is more comparable to Pomeranz in this deal. Yeah, do it.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Do you have Vogt? He doesn't seem to be on your roster.

I would be hesitant but that's just because personal bias has me not want any part of Perez. Although now that I think about it, Hughes is a pretty big upgrade, so Perez is more comparable to Pomeranz in this deal. Yeah, do it.
            Sorry, I was originally thinking Perez/Hughes for Calhoun/Pom. He countered with Vogt/Smolinski/Hughes. I told him I wanted to wait until Vogt was C-eligible, but may pursue Perez who is a favourite of mine.

ETA: He offered Vogt/Hughes for Calhoun/Pom, which isn't enough. I countered with Perez/Hughes.

He rejected it. I don't think Vogt/Hughes is enough. He thinks they are both better than Calhoun. I'll give it a couple weeks...
            Last edited by virgonomic; 03-29-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

This team surged from 5th to 2nd during the past couple weeks. It's going to be a fun ride.

Avila 7 Corporan 1 Encarnacion 32* Kinsler 19* Santana 28 Reyes 27* Cano 31 Loney 11
              Gomez 5 Bautista 25* Castillo 8* Melky 6 Zobrist 22 Marisnick 1
              Quintana 22 Walker 16 Dickey 12 Eovaldi 7 Shoemaker 5* Happ 6 JSmith 4 Gregerson 5* Boxberger 3

B: Calhoun 26 EJackson 20 Robinson 1 ENavarro 1 Graveman 5 Pomeranz 11 Mujica 8 Clippard 13

Comment

I've been flip-flopping from 2/3 all week. Currently in 3rd one point back. I can gain in the following cats:

1 HR = 0.5 pt

3 RBI = 1 pt
                4 R = 1 pt
                3 SB = 1 pt
                one less will get me 0.5 pt

1 W (I have Happ starting vs CIN tomorrow - getting a win would also take 0.5 point from the other team putting me in second)

A Happ win will probably seal it. I will be tuned into the game on my way to and from indoor softball and wearing my Pirates hat!

Wish me luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                X