Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am getting this player no matter what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
    I targeted Votto, Cano, Bautista, Marte, & Polanco. Got all but Bautista and replaced him with Betts and Yelich for a combined $17. Votto came out later and I got him for $13 when I thought he would go for more (hopefully a bounce back year and I don't pay for 2014 stats). I then overpaid for some closers (Robertson, Rosenthal, Allen) to get secure guys instead of having the Addison Russel's of the world. When I said we went to auction recently and most guys still don't understand I wasn't kidding. They see a guy go $30 and they get worried. We had two guys with over $50 at the end this year. They hoard $ till the end but there are no studs left so they get Emilio Bonaficio for $2 as their last guy. Last year we had two guys over $60 so they are getting smarter.

This is our first year of roto. We did H2H in prior years so my good auctions have resulted in playoff losses even though I thought I had better teams.
    Good move getting out of H-H...I HATE that format. I'm in one points league and I think that I have the best club damn near every year, but bad stuff happens in the playoffs. I swore that I'd get out of it once I won it, but I may get out of it anyway since the league absolutely sucks now.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Good move getting out of H-H...I HATE that format. I'm in one points league and I think that I have the best club damn near every year, but bad stuff happens in the playoffs. I swore that I'd get out of it once I won it, but I may get out of it anyway since the league absolutely sucks now.
      I've led my league in points many times and fell short because of h2h. The only times I've won it all, I've loaded up to such a ridiculous degree that I couldn't possibly lose. For instance, last year, I traded for so much pitching, I ended up having to bench Ian Kennedy and Lance Lynn for the whole playoffs. I traded for studs to back up every position as well, to protect against injury. I made deals for guys that never saw my line up just to make sure I didn't get screwed out of a fluke injury or cold streak. It turned out, I didn't need to go so far, as I won the semis and finals by very wide margins, but better safe than sorry. When you go all in in h2h, you have to go ALL IN, or you can get screwed by a hot team or your team going cold.

The one nice thing about how hard I went after it last year is toward the end, I had no trade competition. My first deals, I had to part with guys like George Springer and Addison Russell to land top expiring contracts. But by the end, no one wanted to give away anything to play for the title this year, because they saw it as throwing away prospects against my team, so I got later depth acquisitions for a lot less from sellers who suddenly ran out of buyers. Every additional deal I did made it worse for them and better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Every owner but one left more than $11 on the table?!?! Wow, who did you get instead of Bautista and for how much?
        I have never ended an auction with more than $2
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          I have never ended an auction with more than $2
          Me either. And by far I have more $0 left years than $1 or $2 years combined.

$0 for both of my auctions this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X