trade thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade thoughts

now that the draft is completed, i have been thinking some things regarding a potential trade with another team. with the recent demotion of Salazar and the struggles of Betances, i am thinking that i may need to shore up my pitching just a bit more. Gausman was an admitted bidding oversight on my part. i like him and don't mind having him, but there were a couple of other guys i would've preferred over him at that point in the draft. i bid too high, trying to make others spend more, and got "stuck" with him. as he may be going to the bullpen, i've actually got more interest in him than as Baltimore's #5. that said, i am thinking that i can make an offensive upgrade and obtain a pitcher in return. i would like to solicit your thoughts before making a proposal to the other team.

below is my roster.

C Robinson Chirinos C | TEX $1
    C Devin Mesoraco C | CIN $8
    1B Anthony Rizzo 1B | CHC $14
    2B Dustin Pedroia 2B | BOS $11
    3B Nolan Arenado 3B | COL $6
    SS Ian Desmond SS | WAS $27
    MI Alcides Escobar SS | KC $11
    CI Chris Davis 1B,3B | BAL $16
    OF Jay Bruce OF | CIN $20
    OF Leonys Martin OF | TEX $16
    OF Brandon Moss 1B,OF | CLE $15
    OF Dalton Pompey OF | TOR $1
    OF Jorge Soler OF | CHC $6
    U Carlos Santana 1B,3B | CLE $20

RES - 2B Roughned Odor
    RES - 2B, 3B, SS, OF Alexi Amarista
    RES - 2B Micah Johnson

Pitchers

P Dellin Betances P | NYY $6
    P Tony Cingrani P | CIN $2
    P Sean Doolittle P | OAK $1
    P Kevin Gausman P | BAL $5
    P Cole Hamels P | PHI $20
    P Felix Hernandez P | SEA $36
    P Garrett Richards P | LAA $6
    P Danny Salazar P | CLE $4
    P Drew Storen P | WAS $7

P RES - Taijuan Walker
    P RES - Tyler Clippard
    P RES - Jake Peavy
    P RES - Daniel Norris

at this point, i was thinking of offering Gausman, Davis, and Pedroia (he needs a starter at first currently) in exchange for Cano/Kinsler, Pomeranz, and Andrew Miller.

am i asking for too much? am i not asking for enough?

i like Davis' power potential, but that is a place i'm strong in and lacking in OBP/SB. i like Pomeranz and with the struggles of Betances, i am thinking that Miller would provide closer insurance. another consideration i have is Heyward instead of Cano/Kinsler. this would necessitate keeping Pedroia though as he's 2b rich. i don't know if i'd be able to get both pitchers and Heyward though for Davis & Gausman, so i'd probably ask for Miller.

thoughts?

i suppose i should put his roster here as well in the event that there is a better fit than what i've been looking at.

Pos Players salary
    C Francisco Cervelli C | PIT 1
    C A.J. Ellis C | LAD 1
    1B Michael Morse 1B,OF | MIA 1
    2B Ian Kinsler 2B | DET 25
    3B Matt Carpenter 3B | STL 11
    SS Jose Ramirez SS | CLE 1
    MI Robinson Cano 2B | SEA 32
    CI David Wright 3B | NYM 18
    OF Carl Crawford OF | LAD 4
    OF Nelson Cruz OF | SEA 17
    OF Corey Dickerson OF | COL 10
    OF Jason Heyward OF | STL 29
    OF Josh Reddick OF | OAK 1
    U Kennys Vargas U | MIN 1
    C Tyler Flowers C | CHW 5
    C Jarrod Saltalamacchia C | MIA 5
    1B Yonder Alonso 1B | SD 5
    1B Billy Butler 1B | OAK 5
    Pitchers

Pos Players salary
    P Henderson Alvarez P | MIA 2
    P Andrew Cashner P | SD 11
    P Aroldis Chapman P | CIN 22
    P Craig Kimbrel P | ATL 22
    P Lance Lynn P | STL 9
    P Wade Miley P | BOS 1
    P Drew Pomeranz P | OAK 1
    P Masahiro Tanaka P | NYY 15
    P Adam Wainwright P | STL 25
    P Dillon Gee P | NYM 5
    P Shane Greene P | DET 5
    P Andrew Miller P | NYY 5

Comment

I wouldn't do the Cano offer if I were him. It's not terrible, but it's not enough to part with Cano.

If Kinsler, I don't think you're getting enough back.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I wouldn't do the Cano offer if I were him. It's not terrible, but it's not enough to part with Cano.
        I agree with revo - I'd give it a shot, though. Other than that, I'd just be trolling the waiver wire or FAAB for a pitcher to replace Gausman. I'd reserve Salazar and put TWalker in and then play matchups with Peavy and DNorris until you can replace Gausman.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

thanks for the thoughts.

eldiablo, that's where i originally started. during the draft he said he'd move Heyward for Gausman. when i hit him up after the draft, he asked who else i'd add. i don't know that i value Heyward plus either Miller or Pomeranz for Davis and Gausman. i love Pomeranz and really wanted him in the draft, but i don't know. i guess it boils down to whether i think Heyward is going to break out this season and go 20/20 again in the Cards lineup. if so i'd do that deal.

Comment

he has offered me Heyward and Miley for Davis and Gausman. i was thinking of countering with Heyward and Alvarez. thoughts?

Comment

well, i made the move.

Gausman and Davis sent
              for
              Heyward and Alvarez

i feel pretty good about the deal. the loss on HRs will be mitigated by the gain in SBs i think. if Heyward goes 20/20 i'll be happy. anything more and i think his production will far outweigh Davis'. the only thing i think i lost in the Alvarez/Gausman swap is the higher ceiling of Gausman if he pitches how some believe he can.

i viewed neither Davis or Gausman as keepers for 2016 (unless their production completely blew me away). thanks for all your thoughts and feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X