Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals Fifth Starter????

Who's going to get it?

I've got both Jaime Garcia (1) and Carlos Martinez (5) and have to make a decision this weekend on who to keep.

What do you guys think?

It's a close race. I'd give the slight edge to Garcia at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      It's a close race. I'd give the slight edge to Garcia at this point.
      I agree that Garcia sounds like he has the advantage right now. I'd probably lean towards keeping Martinez either way though - I don't have much faith in Garcia staying healthy and Martinez has better "pure stuff".

Comment

Pretty sure they'll just ride Garcia until his arm falls off again then give it to Martinez (or Gonzalez if he's tearing it up in the minors).

Comment

Garcia would be my bet as well.

Comment

has there ever been a surer thing than Garcia's arm will fall off again?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              has there ever been a surer thing than Garcia's arm will fall off again?
              No, but $2 for Garcia + Waiver Wire fodder > $2 anybody else

Comment

I believe strongly that the Cardinals will run Garcia out there until he's injured again. If you can get him cheap, Garcia is probably a very good play, assuming that you can replace him with someone useful.

Comment

Well that didnt take long at all...

Jaime Garcia was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday after experiencing a setback with his surgically repaired left shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Well that didnt take long at all...

Jaime Garcia was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday after experiencing a setback with his surgically repaired left shoulder.
                    Wow. Sure didn't. I'm hoping this means Gonzales will make the opening day roster!

Comment

garcia to DL today.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Well that settles that.

I froze both players, with the thought being that Martinez could be useful even in a relief role. Thankfully, our league rules allow you to "unfreeze" a frozen player who gets put on the DL between our freeze date and our auction. So I am allowed to drop Garcia.

So glad I froze Martinez. Would feel like a big dummy if I hadn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X