Keeper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper question

8 team NL standard 5x5 league. Each team can only keep one player. Would you keep a $16 Puig or a $6 Dickerson?
    "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Tough call. $10 is always helpful.

Comment

I'd go with Dickerson + $10

Comment

I have Puig for 10.

would prefer him to Dickerson at these prices.

if Puig is MVP - possible - or Dickerson turns into a pumpkin, also possible, you win.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

This is a very tough call for me. It may come down to a Saturday morning flip of the coin.

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

Comment

Can you keep them more than 1 year? I agree that this is a crazy tough call. That might be the decider. Peak Puig could be crazy good.

For 1 year I think I roll the dice with Dickerson.

Comment

Dickerson plus $10 for me, but I don't see how you go wrong with either pick.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Can you keep them more than 1 year? I agree that this is a crazy tough call. That might be the decider. Peak Puig could be crazy good.

For 1 year I think I roll the dice with Dickerson.
                This would be the second year keeping Puig, so his price next year is $31. Dickerson's price next year is $16. Signing them is a year to year decision.

Comment

dickerson

Comment

Originally posted by TyWebb004 View Post
                    This would be the second year keeping Puig, so his price next year is $31. Dickerson's price next year is $16. Signing them is a year to year decision.
                    Definitely Dickerson then. He could be a nice keeper at 16 next year. I realize next year isn't the primary concern but in this case it's a good tie-breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by TyWebb004 View Post
                      This makes all the difference. I was going to write Puig until I read this. I am taking Dickerson plus the 10 bucks and still keeping him next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X