mixed league trade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed league trade advice

man I have no idea of player valuation in shallow mixed leagues. I've been doing NL-only for years but this is new to me.

Anyway. 12-team mixed. My roster:

C: Posada, Hundley
    1B: Pujols, that underachiever
    2B: Kinsler
    SS: Furcal
    3B: Reynolds
    CI: Alvarez
    MI: S. Castro
    OF: Choo, Kubel, Stanton, Stubbs, Suzuki
    UT: Seth Smith

P: Halladay, Verlander, Lilly, Anderson, Garcia, Kennedy, McClellan, Pineda, Lyon,

Bench: Farnsworth, Venters, Torrealba, Belt, Ka'aihue, Wainwright

I've been approached about something involving Tulo for "a stud pitcher and an OF upgrade". I have Stanton and Stubbs on fairly cheap contracts for next year so I'm not that excited about moving them. Would I even want to do something like Verlander and Choo for Tulo and someone like Buchholz or Brett Myers? For that matter, should I even be worried about my offense?

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Well, I don't love your pitching and you do have a pretty damn nice set of middle infielders already.

That said, in a shallow league you generally do any and everything you can to land the best players. Tulo is a top 5 guy in just about any format. I'd definitely make a play at landing him, if possible. As far as your MI guys go, Furcal and Castro are more easily replaced than Kinsler. Another thing to note is that pitching is pretty readily available on the WW in a shallow league. Sure, you won't get a guy like Verlander but you'll get usable parts. Hell, you have Roy Halladay and Brett Anderson as anchors already.

Does this guy have excess middle infielders? If not, maybe you can swing Verlander plus Furcal or Castro in exchange for Tulo. If so, Verlander plus Choo for Tulo and Buchholz is a great deal.

Nice team, btw.
    Agree with everything eld said, including the proposed trade.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

You mention you have Stanton and Stubbs as cheap keepers. Do not include them in any trade with Verlander to get Tulo. Yes on the Choo and Verlander for Tulo and Bucholtz.

Comment

okay, he made an unexpected counteroffer.

one was Verlander, Choo, and Castro for Tulo, Brett Myers, and someone chumpy like Ty Wigginton.
        the other was Halladay, Choo, and Castro for Tulo, Ubaldo Jimenez, and the aforementioned chump. Options on the waiver wire are Maicer Izturis, Morel, Brantley, OCab, Valencia, Callaspo, Peralta, Janish, Thome, Ryan Roberts...

I'm not real impressed by the first offer (although I could probably negotiate a little better) but Halladay for Jimenez is kind of interesting. What do you think of that one?
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Those offers are far less enticing than your original ones. I'm not a big Ubaldo fan, which probably colors my reasoning a little bit, though.
          Yep, agree with this.

You do not need to make a deal. Just tell him no thank you and let him stew on that for a while.

Comment

Working...
          X